Have you been wondering what makes a good Tweet? Why do some people seem to be able to gather a solid following while others just don't get any traction?
Read this blog to get some answers from me and other social media practitioners. Of course, good content is one key ingredient, as is common sense. But, there are, indeed a few well-tested strategies that you can use to increase your reach, engagement and success on Twitter.
Top 3 Tips for a good Tweet
- It’s audience appropriate (what & when)
- Good content = not a product pitch
- Leaves room for Retweeting
- Influences (your audience)
- Is a well-defined piece in your overall social media strategy
- Is Retweeted by your influencers (not just your colleagues & friends)
- Tweet is Retweeted and/or commented on
- Creates a high amount of impressions (reach); premise: influencers have many followers
- Click-throughs to promoted content, e.g. via Bit.ly’s
- Growth in number of followers
- Increases your Klout score