Welcome to the new SAP Community Network! (SCN) There has been a great deal of anticipation and preparation for the launch of this new and improved platform. We've had a beta test open for about 1,000 Area Managers, Moderators, SAP Mentors, and SAP Employees to pound on the system and track down as many bugs as possible before we open the doors. In the mean time, the whole community has been buzzing with anticipation for the big launch day.
But if that wasn’t exciting enough, we want to add some special “sweetness” to the launch that’s open to ALL Community Members. As with any new system, there will be some start up tasks to accomplish to get yourself rolling.
To make it more interesting, we’re giving away a FREE SAP TechEd 2012 REGISTRATION to one (1) lucky winner who completes the "Top Ten" Mission in the first month after go live. That’s right, if you complete the "Top Ten" Mission by April 12, 2012, you will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win a free admission to the 2012 SAP TechEd of your choice! As you know, SAP TechEd is one of the best events SAP offers to meet the community live, learn about new and existing products, and participate in group events.
So what is the “Top 10” Mission? Follow these steps and you will be well on your way to being active in the community and have the chance to win admission to the SAP TechEd of your choice!
- Log in and pick a new user name.
- Update your profile and upload your profile picture. (See excellent blog by Pat Flanders with 6 tips for your profile picture.)
- Configure your profile visibility. (What do you want others to see?)
- Go to preferences and configure things like email notifications.
- Find your old forums in the new spaces and “follow” them.
- If you have written blogs in SCN, move at least one from the Personal blog space to the appropriate topic space. (Hint: You can only move blogs to spaces you are following.) If you’ve never blogged, try out the create blog functionality. It’s so much easier than before!
- Find and follow the people you care about.
- Invite others to the community, interesting spaces and content.
- Update your status and let people know you're "official" as a new SCN member!
- Bookmark this blog to be entered in the drawing!
So get started soon and wrap up before our announced deadline!
If you have questions or comments, please post them to this blog.
Good luck to you all and see you at SAP TechEd 2012!