My name is Tammy. I was born in Missouri and grew up in Kansas. Now I live in Virginia and work just outside the Washington DC Beltway, one of the busiest traffic areas here in the United States. I am also an ASUG volunteer and an SAP Mentor. I am also a Certified Public Accountant and a Project Management Professional.
Picture is of Fairfax, VA, just a few steps away from the busy traffic.
I also spend time volunteering at the local library, working the busy book drop, checking in books I never seem to find time to read. Fun fact about myself - I am descended from the Oneida and Choctaw Native American tribes, both of which were matriarchal societies.
- What was your dream job as a kid?
My dream job as a kid was to have a desk job like Mary Richards in the Mary Tyler Moore Show, one of my favorite TV shows of all time.
- What is your favorite place in the world?
Easy - my favorite place in the world is Manhattan, New York. Why? Because as Woody Allen said in one of my favorite movies, Manhattan Murder Mystery, it's a melting pot. Anything and everything is there, and the city never sleeps.
- What was the most fun project you ever participated in and why?
One of the most fun projects was volunteering at the Kansas City Missouri Public Library for book sales. We raised money sorting and selling used books. I really enjoy books, so this was heaven for me.
- Recommend resources of information that helped you in your work
sap.com/learnbi where there are free tutorials
- What do you most enjoy on SCN?
I enjoy the blogs and always learn something new
- What is the best resource of information in SCN?
bit.ly/new-scn-search - SCN search developed by Jason Lax
7/10/13: Adding Gareth Ryan
· Share a fun fact/story about yourself that people don't know
· Describe in one short sentence: "what need does your SAP solution meet"
· What do you enjoy most in your work and why?