- To copy Reports, Universes, Folder Structures, Security rules, Events and many other objects between environments. If needed it can also be used as a controlled Fallback to previous versions.
- To provide Version Management of Reports and Universes via a tool.
- Schedule Job: The LCM tool enables you to specify when a job must be promoted, rather than promote it as soon as it is created. It also enables you to schedule promotion at fixed intervals. This feature is useful in promoting large jobs when the load on the server is at its minimum.
- Partial success
Partial Rollback: enables you to roll back a set of infoobjects included in a job by selecting them from their objects list.
Click on Complete Rollback.
Creating a new job by copying an existing Job
Step 1: Log in to the Lifecycle Management console. On home page, click on New Job.
Step 2: Click the Copy an existing job.
The list of promotion jobs will be displayed.
Step 3: Select a job from the job list, and click Create.
The name, keywords, and description of the job are displayed. You can modify these fields, if required. However, you cannot change the source system.
Step 4: Click Create.
Enabling Traces – Web Tier logs
- Go to CMC > Applications and right-click the LifeCycle Management. Then click Trace Log Settings. Set the Log Level to High.
- Restart Web application server. Logs will be in the default BusinessObjects BI 4.0 logging directory.
Enabling Traces - LCM Services
- Go to CMC > Servers and in the Properties for the Adaptive Job Server and Adaptive Processing Server set the Log Levels to High.
- In the CCM, restart the Adaptive Job Server and Adaptive Processing Server. Logs will be generated in default logging folder.
- \SAP Business Objects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\logging\*.AdaptiveProcessingServer_trace.0xxxx.glf
- \SAP Business Objects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\logging\*.AdaptiveJobServer_LCMSchedulingService_CHILD0_trace.0xxxxx.glf