The BI 4 \ Crystal Reports Server 2011 SDK for VS 2010 has been released. Unfortunately, integrating the SDK into VS 2010 is not as simple a precess as one would hope. In this blog, I will describe how to integrate the SDK into VS 2010. I will also describe outstanding issues with the integration.
Before proceeding, please note;
1) The SDK installs runtime of version 184.108.40.2066. You can not mix version 13.x Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 and version 14 for BI runtime.
2) There is NO support for using the 13.0 assemblies when communicating with Crystal Reports Server 2011 or BI Platform 4.0 system.
Where to download the BI 4 CRS 2011 SDK
The SDK is available on the SAP Service Marketplace. Note that only the BI .NET SDK 4.0 msi installer is available. There are no merge modules. Keep in mind that this does require that you have a logon to the Service Marketplace. However, most Crystal Reports Server and Enterprise customers should have a support with the product. Steps to download the SDK:
1) Log in to the SAP Service Marketplace
2) Go to Installations and Upgrades
3) Go to the A-Z Index, then to C
4) Select SAP Crystal Server
5) Select SAP Crystal Server 2011
6) Select Installation and Upgrade
7) Select Windows
8) Find the SBOP BI Platform .NET SDK Runtime 4.0 SP2 Windows in the list, and download it:
For more information regarding SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.0 .NET SDK see the following resources: