In release SAP NetWeaver BPM Process 720 and SP05 or lower (in 730 SP00 too) when you change a translation without modifying the associated original text, it causes the changes to get ignored on deployment. As a workaround approach please do the following:
1. We have an example task called ‘Test Human Activity’, for which a corresponding ‘test human activity.task.xlf’ file, containing the original texts is generated.
2. We have also added a german version of the XLF file, which contains the German translations for the texts – ‘test human activity.task_de.xlf’.
3. So if I want to change the translation of the Subject I do it on this way:
4. But this change will be ignored at runtime. That the change is not taken into account as the ’Resource name’ identifier of the corresponding text was not re-generated. In the picture bellow we can see that the Resource name remains after the change:
5. To re-generated it, we make the changes via the task editor and save them:
Please be aware that the changes will be automatically applied only in the original XLF file ‘test human activity.task.xlf’ and have to be manually copied in the translation XLF file ‘test human activity.task_de.xlf’
6. At this point, if you open again the original XLF file ‘test human activity.task.xlf’ you will see that a new Resource name identifier is generated for the corresponding text:
7. Open the ‘test human activity.task.xlf’ with a text editor and copy the corresponding line:
8. Then replace it in the translation XLF file ‘test human activity.task_de.xlf’:
As this approach is not flexible and comfortable at all, with the upper BPM versions - 7.20 SP6 and higher releases, a change in the implementation is done, which is described in SAP Note 1458174.