Starting today, you’ll hear a lot about how SAP has changed the game with the release of the SAP Business Suite on SAP HANA. But exactly what does integrating transactional and analytical systems on SAP’s real-time data management platform mean for organizations and the people they serve? Amazing things happen when companies are able to integrate all kinds of data from a variety of sources. They run smarter, faster, and simpler.
- Physicians efficiently customize a treatment plan that addresses each individual patient’s health care issues. People get well faster and stay healthy longer. Health care costs go down.
- Retailers have the right products and services available where and when customers want them. Delighted customers buy more; the business grows.
- Utility and other field service and repair technicians monitor maintenance systems to head off breakdowns. When problems occur, they get operations up and running faster with real-time communication. Integrated systems help reduce risk and fraud.
- First responders bring succor faster to citizens in need during crises and disasters.
- Government agencies send payments to the right recipients for the right amount at the right time. Less waste, meaningful collaboration, and better services help improve schools, create jobs, and make countries more secure.
- Companies see the real-time impact of marketing campaigns. They can modify offers instantaneously wherever the customer is—via mobile device, website, or in the cloud.
- Customers get the products and services they need without wasting time (not to mention annoyance) on things they don’t want.
- Financial departments accurately calculate risk at any point in time based on comprehensive, quality data. They make better decisions by acting on anticipated shifts as well as unexpected, fast-moving events.
- Inventory control has a unified view of customer demand, supply chain, and financial data. Efficiencies save costs while customers get the goods they want.
- Developers spend more time producing killer products to beat the competition.
- Everyone has easy access to quality analytics.
- HR has ready access to top talent able to propel the company forward in a new era of Big Data, cloud, mobile, and social computing.
In short, SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA addresses the top CEO priorities for 2013: to improve products, services, and customer engagement, gain greater competitive differentiation, and consolidate and implement IT systems for better business value. Find more SAP HANA use cases here. The future may always be uncertain, but for organizations that adopt this software, nothing will ever be the same again.