Subject: Data Visualization using SAP BusinessObjects BI On Demand
Purpose: Data Representation
Target Users: Executives/Managers/Business Analysts who want to represent their data with graphics/charts/visualization without any IT help.
Data Source: Excel Sheet
Enter Your User ID and Password.
Go to Add New --> Add Template
Enter Your Visualization Name and Description. Then click Next.
Here I am going to show Customer Analysis.
When It is asking for User Agreement, please select I Agree.
Here I am going to design a dashboard based on excel sheet you can find this excel sheet at
Now select as shown in snapshot
After Uploading Excel Sheet, you can have your data as shown below
Now Select Column Chart from Components.
- Now go to Data- -> By Range and Select Your Data Range from Sheet--> Ok
After that you will be having as below chart.
Now Perform below steps
- Go to Appearance in Property--> Layout--> Unselect Chart Background
- Go to Appearance in Property --> Axes --> Horizontal Gridlines --> Unselect Show Minor Gridlines
- Go to Appearance in Property --> Text --> Select Mouse Over Values -> Select Data Labels --> Select Series1
- You can change Text Format and Size from Format Selected Text.
- You can also change theme for your visualization by selecting Themes as shown below.
Select Open Preview
You can have your visualization in new tab.
You have successfully created a data visualization/dashboard by your own.