Hat tip to Tech Trader Daily!
Citigroup's software analyst in San Francisco, Walter Pritchard, wrote a research report today with some interesting and insightful observations. It is based on an interview with the CEO of Appirio, a Cloud SI and hence represents one (or is it two?) person's view. It is still a worthy read and I'd like to hear from your own experience. Let me know via comments.
- SaaS, market for enterprise applications has arrived at a “ripping point,” by which he means that the practice of ripping out older software and replacing it with cloud-based, hosted applications, appears to be accelerating.
- "Staggering" amount of Siebel replacements underway
- Many companies are taking a "Cloud-first" approach, preferring cloud over traditional software for new projects
- PaaS is the next big battle in Cloud
- Brand new SaaS software will replace "legacy" ERP programs such as HCM
- Advantage: Multi-tenant SaaS
Do you agree? What other data/trands do you see?