Social data harvesting connector enables harvesting posts, write ups, and social user data from different social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia, Blogs and so on through DataSift.
In the first release of social data harvesting connector, the approach was to fetch social data from different social media channels.
In the latest release of SP02, the main approach is to consider the consent from the social user and take the appropriate action accordingly on the social posts during harvesting. The configuration for consent handling and related actions is configurable in SAP Business Suite system.
Social User Consent Handling function is available only when the business function FND_SOMI_CM is switched on.
A quick list of new features and enhancements include:
- Social User Consent Handling during data harvesting and taking the appropriate action accordingly on the social posts
The consent types which are supported in the connector are as follows:
- No Consent Required, Store Anonymously
- No Consent Required, Store Complete User Information
- Enhanced DataSift Mapper files to fetch the data from Facebook Pages (Managed Source)
- Updated DataSift Mapper file with fields provided by DataSift to fetch the data from channel Facebook public
The new features of release SP02 is available from release SAP Business Suite Foundation 7.47 SP 06 (SAP_BS_FND 747) onwards.
You should have the software component SAP SOMI DS CONT. You should download the component from Software Download Center in SAP Service Market Place. You must have a valid license/API key from DataSift.
To access the Software Download Center from the SAP Service Marketplace homepage, service.sap.com, choose SAP Support Portal → Software Downloads → Software Download Center.
To search for the software component SAP SOMI DS CONT, proceed as follows:
- Select Search for Software Downloads in the left navigation bar.
- Search for the software component SAP SOMI DS CONT 1.0
- Download the latest SP- SP02 for SAP SOMI DS CONT 1.0
The Installation Guide for the Social Data Harvesting connector can be found at https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/instguides -> SAP In-Memory Computing -> SAP Customer Engagement Intelligence -> Installation Guide Social Data Harvesting Connector
For detailed documentation, refer the attached pdf in the SAP Note 2079650.
Note: The updated help portal documentation is available only after SAP Business Suite Foundation 7.47 SP07 release to customer.