All of us know, BODS jobs helps to load data from Non SAP source to BW Data Source(PSA). If there is requirement, after completion of PSA data load the same data needs to move to DSO and cube automatically. How to do it.
Normally Process Chain will be used data to load to DSO and Cube(DTP).DSO Activation, Delete Index, Create Index and entire process will be controlled and manage by PCs.
BODS will trigger the Process Chain after completion of PSA load using New Function Call.
Below the step by step to trigger Process Chain from BODS.
1. Import BAPI “RSPC_API_CHAIN_START” into BW Data store
2. Create Batch job and dataflow in BODS
3. Add Row Generator as input and add Query Transform.
4. Click on the query transform and in the schema out Add New Function Call.
5. Select the Function “RSPC_API_CHAIN_START” from the list
6. Enter Process Chain Name (with in a single quotes) in the input parameter window and click finish.
7. Click Next and select the output parameter and enter finish.
8. Add One more Query transform and template table. Map the function output parameter to template table as below.
9. Make sure that schema in and schema out has same fields by propagating the fields
10. Make sure process chain start variant start time as “Immediate start”. So that process chain will start immediately.
11. Validate and execute the BODS job.
12. Job executed successfully. Execution log will display as below,
11. BODS Job triggered BW Process Chain and the return log value stored into template table.
Return value captured in Template Table
The same way you can call other BABI/Function module from BODS. Hope this post helps.