In this blog I would be sharing the steps I followed to install SAPUI5 on my Windows 7 machine
Installing and Running Apache Tomcat 7.0
1. Got to Apache Tomcat 7.0 Download Page http://tomcat.apache.org/download-70.cgi
2. Download & Run the 32-bit/64-bit Windows Service Installer by clicking on the link on this page.
3. Follow the instructions in the Installer Wizard to complete the Installation (refer http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/setup.html#Windows for more details).
4. You can configure Windows to automatically start Tomcat7 server on startup.
5. Downloading UI Development Kit for HTML 5 from the link below - http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/front-end
6. Unzip and copy the all the .war files into /webapps folder of Tomcat 7.0.
7. Type http://localhost:8080/demokit/ in the Browser
If a page titles SAPUI5 SDK - Demo Kit appears this confirms SAPUI5 is successfully installed on your machine. You can find further information about playing around with SAPUI5 in this application including the Developer Guide & API References.