Update of this post on November 21st, 2014:
In my last series of blogs I described several new features which are available in Enterprise Asset Management.
This feature is not only available in WebUser Interface but also via the SAP GUI!
The following business functions need to be activated to use this functionality
- LOG_EAM_CI4 (for Inspection Rounds, maintenance of technical objects on operation level)
- EHP5 SP10 / SP11 only SAP GUI supported, no WEB UI
- EHP6 SP05 - within the Web UI we support the processes
- EHP6 SP07 / SP08 - SAP GUI and WEB UI supported
- EhP616 SP00 - Web UI supported
- EhP616 SP02 - SAPGui supported
- EHP7 SP00
What are the new features for the integration of visualization in EAM?
- basically we enabled all Master data Transactions for Equipment / Functional Location and Serial Number to Display the Spare Parts Catalogue
- All Task List types are enabled for Selection of Spare Parts and the Use of Visual Instructions
- Work Order is enabled for Selection of Spare Parts and the Use of Visual Instructions (Basic Order View as well).
This visualization integration enables you to use the SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Viewer on the SAP Web user interface on in the traditional SAP GUI for Plant Maintenance to visualize technical objects, spare parts, and instructions.
Many of you already saw the visual work instructions, which show, step by step, based on a 3D model, how a repair activity should be performed. The user gets additional textual instructions and hints of tools.
In addition to the visual work instructions we implemented the possibility to pick spare parts directly from the 3D model and transfer these items into the component list, e.g. in the maintenance work order or in a task list.
Customers often mentioned the concern, that they do not have the 3D models of the technical objects and therefore they cannot use this functionality.
We now integrated the possibility of tagging / hot spotting of 2D models and integrate them into the maintenance process. Based on this it is now possible to use drawings, tag them and provide the technicians this very important feature even without having the 3D models.
See here a short video how this works:
2D and 3D model views as well as visual work instructions make critical maintenance processes such as finding the spare parts you need and carrying out instructions quicker and easier!
A direct access to more information on these new EAM features is available via the innovation discovery tool. You can access the tool here:
I will continue to post such videos on new functionality in the near future or as soon as new features are available.
Find related blogs in SCN:
- See my blog post about “Info Center”
- See my blog post about “the structured search help”
- See my blog post about “New functions in Maintenance orders”
- See my blog post about “New features for tables”
- See my blog post about “User personalization”
- See my blog post about “More detail on the new EAM screens – Quickviews
- See my blog post about “The fast lane to EAM”
- See my blog post about “Test drive EAM in the cloud”
You need an overview on all innovations, need roadmaps … --> look at the “Innovation finder”