This blog is for portal content administrators who would like to learn about the administration tasks required for enabling SAP Fiori launchpad on Portal (FLP on EP). It contains pre-configured sample content that you can import into your portal. In only a few steps you can easily run the SAP Fiori launchpad experience within the SAP NetWeaver Portal environment.
SAP Fiori launchpad on Portal is available for portal customers as of NW 7.31 SP12 and NW 7.4 SP7. It is highly recommended to update to EP latest patches before running FLP on EP in order to get the most updated version.
With FLP on EP, portal users can control which applications appear in their launchpad on mobile devices and on the desktop. Portal iViews appear as tiles in the launchpad and access to content is based on portal roles, per device. Administrators can configure content to appear by default in the home page for all users and tag content as New and Recommended.
SAP Fiori launchpad on Portal provides the following capabilities:
- The ability for administrators to configure content for different devices.
- A dedicated framework page for displaying the SAP Fiori launchpad.
- Access to the tile catalog containing the content that users can add to their home page.
- The ability to save personalization per device.
Let`s get started:
1) In versions NW 7.31 SP12, NW 7.31 SP13, NW 7.4 SP7 and NW 7.4 SP8 only, create a URL alias and add it together with the Fiori desktop to the Master Rule Collection:
a) Create a new URL alias using the URL Alias Manager:
2) Define the relevant device types using the Device Group Manager:
3) Import the OOB_Admin.epa file located in Out of the Box FLP-EP Admin Content, using the Transport Packages import tool.
This transport package contains the following:
a) Fiori Launchpad Categories iView - Manages categories in the tile catalog. Administrators can create categories to group applications in the tile catalog. The iView is configured with sample categories:
b) A role for assignment to users, containing iViews that are configured to demonstrate the different properties available for FLP on EP, and web resources for the tiles:
In order for the content to be visible in the home page and tile catalog, set a container in the hierarchy as entry point (role, workset or folder). Make sure that the iView is set to visible.
4) Work with the iViews and different properties to manage the content for FLP on EP. The following properties are available on each iView, allowing you to configure tiles according to your requirements.
Note: The iViews in the sample content has already been configured to highlight the various capabilities of FLP on EP.
- Mandatory: Set the device groups on which the application will be displayed using the property "Object ID of Device Group". Separate the device groups with a semicolon (;). If this property is not set with any device group, the tile will not appear at all.
- Set the categories in which the application will appear in the tile catalog using the property "Mobile App Categories". Separate the categories IDs with a semicolon (;). If this property is not set with any category ID, the tile will appear under the General default category.
- Mark an application as default using the property "Permanent in Launcher" to make it appear in the user's home page the first time that the user logs in. Users can remove default applications from their home page. If this property is set to "False", the application will only appear in the tile catalog.
- Set an image on the tile using the property "Image Type".
- Promote applications in the tile catalog:
- Set property "Mark as New Until".
- Set property "Mark as Recommended Until".
- Indicate a native application using the property "Native App". If this property is set to "True", the application will only appear in mobile devices (even if the device type is set to desktop).
Here are some examples of configured properties on the iViews from the Out of the Box FLP-EP Admin Content:
Without making any changes to the sample content, this is how the user`s home page will look:
This is how the user`s tile catalog will look:
Now you can play around with the Fiori launchpad on Portal. Enjoy the new experience and let us know what you think!
To learn more about FLP on EP: