With the release of SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.30 SP7, I am happy to inform you that the first out-of-the-box offering for consuming your SAP NetWeaver Portal on mobile devices, is generally available.
An overview presentation with the background, implementation aspects and insights into the future plans, is published in the following presentation for your convenience.
Let me summarize the “must know” about portal on device, and all the rest is available in the presentation
- Portal On Device is not a new product, it is an extension for the existing SAP NetWeaver Portal offering
- … supports only an always connected scenario
- … best for lightweight applications
- … is a web based offering, supporting multi-platform apps.
- … best for integration of structured and un-structured content
- … can run on any NetWeaver operating system\server
- … is based on the robust, scalable and mature NetWeaver platform
- … re-uses the SAP NetWeaver Portal investment
Looking forward for further discussions face-to-face also at SAPPHRIE Orlando in few weeks from now. Feel free to contact me directly to schedule a meeting during the conference (my contact details are available on my personal profile on SCN).