We all(If not, you better read about it) know the concept of Merge ID in Enterprise Portal.
You can merge a node from one freestyle role with a same-level node from another role. Both nodes then appear as one entry in the top-level or detailed navigation, with their respective subnodes appearing in a given sequence beneath the new merged node.
You can merge the following objects:
- Entry points
- Root nodes of roles and worksets
- Folders in roles or worksets.
See more details here.
Sometimes you find yourself struggling with Merged roles and folders, and not sure what you actually see on screen, or where it is located.
There is a (unofficial) support tool in EP that can help you with that , Merge ID Finder.
How to access the Merge ID Finder:
The tool provides a way to:
- Get nodes according to a specific Merge ID (from assigned user roles)
- Get all nodes that have a non empty Merge ID (from assigned user roles)
- Get all nodes with a specific merge ID that are under chosen roles.
- Get all nodes with non empty merge ID that are under chosen roles.
Usage is quite simple , just paste the requested value in the input field and click the desired action you wish to use.
For getting all nodes with Merge ID ="com.sap.portal.home" under role eu_role fill the following values:
Clicking on getMergedNodesFromSelected button will bring the following result of nodes found under eu_role:
In this example you see there are 3 worksets with this same merge id and we have their exact location.
Viewing all nodes that have non-empty merge Id under the eu_role:
1. Fill in the role you want to inspect and click on getAllNodesFromSelected button:
2. Get all nodes and their respective merge ids: