If you read my last post on SCN then you’ll already know that we have just one month to go until our inaugural SAP EPM Conference in Dallas, November 5-6 and quite frankly I’m starting to get quite excited by the prospect of what we have in store for attendees.
Now, let’s face it, I am a little bit biased given that I am helping to set this show up, so if you want an objective view on just how much excitement to feel about an industry event then I’m probably not the best person to ask. But then it’s not really my role to be objective…that’s a task for others…instead I’m here to shout about this glorious event from the rooftops!
A few people have recently asked the question “why should someone attend the SAP EPM conference?” Actually, it’s a fair question, given that many attendees would have to hop on a plane to travel to the event and spend two days away from their normal day-to-day activities. So, I thought that I should formalize my response, because given the pulls on everyone’s time I appreciate that it can be difficult stepping away for two days at a time.
I think that the best way to answer this question is actually to respond to another more specific one - What is different about the SAP EPM event versus all the other events throughout the year and why should I feel compelled to attend?
Well, let’s see. This is a truly 100% focused EPM event. SAP does not hold any other EPM events like this. If one attends SAPPHIRE for example, we do have a large EM presence there, but that’s amidst a sea of other focus topics that vie for the attention of attendee’s. If you’re an EPM user or have an interest in learning more about what EPM can do for your business then the likelihood is that you’d want to immerse yourself in EPM topics to get the most out of attending a conference. We’ll here’s a ready-made opportunity to do just that! As for compelling reasons to attend here are some to consider:
- Hear the customers’ story! Experts from leading organizations using SAP solution for EPM will discuss their experiences and how they have benefitted from using SAP solutions. Customer sessions will include Barnesandnoble.com, Statoil, Marathon Oil Company, Schwan Food Company, Delek US, Flextronics and more…
- Network with your peers! Take the opportunity to network and talk informally with industry colleagues and peers over two days of this event, during exhibition hours or at the evening event
- Speak with the experts! SAP nnd SAP Business Partner solution experts and executives will be onsite to offer their insights, experience and show latest product features
- Hear about the latest innovations! Including predictive analysis with SAP Business Planning and Consolidation, SAP Solutions for Finance - “powered by SAP HANA” and the new SAP EPM Unwired mobile app
- Dive deep! Into FP&A, Financial Close and Next Generation Planning topics, by attending one of the pre-conference workshops
Take a look at the conference website where you’ll find an online or downloadable agenda. I am very excited by the sessions we have lined up over the two-days, and this is testament to a lot of hard work on the part of my colleagues in the SAP EPM team working closely with our sponsor Business Partners. While the SAP EPM conference may not be on the scale of SAPPHIRE NOW, where we had some terrific EPM customer sessions, I think we have certainly achieved the quality and depth of SAPPHIRE NOW – with the difference being that all content will be focused on the topic of EPM.
So here’s the call to action – if you’re into EPM then this is a conference designed for you! If you want to hear real experiences of transforming business performance through you use of EPM solutions then this conference is tailor made for you. Don’t regret missing it – register now to avoid disappointment.
Watch out for more conference news from me in the coming weeks. Also follow us on @SAPEPM or using the hashtag #SAPEPM2013
See you in Dallas!