Code. Network. Learn. Win! Yes, I’m talking about SAP TechEd 2015!
This year, we expanded and updated to some of the activities you may be familiar with and added new opportunities for you to learn and get hands-on experience with the help from the experts. Let’s take a look:
- SAP InnoJam: the theme for Las Vegas is Health Care and for Barcelona Energy and Utilities. We want you to be able to either come with folks you may already be working with or come in as an individual coder who wants to take on the InnoJam challenge. This year, we added the ability to register as a team (max 5 people per team) or as an individual in which case we will help you find a team. Another important change is that a panel of judges will select 6 finalist teams that will move on to compete on stage at DemoJam so there won’t be an InnoJam winner, but 6 finalists who will compete at DemoJam (this is the only way to compete at DemoJam). Exciting, right? To register for these events, go to: InnoJam Las Vegas, InnoJam Barcelona.
- DemoJam: as mentioned above, the only way to be selected to present on stage at DemoJam is by participating in InnoJam and building a very cool solution over the weekend before the conference starts. If selected, you will get 6 minutes to present your solution (only 2 people per team will be on stage) and the audience will get to select the SAP TechEd champion.
- Educational sessions: as the main aspect of the event, this year’s program includes lectures and hands-on sessions covering the latest on SAP technology and platforms. You’ll get to see and experience first-hand what our experts have been working on while learning and connecting with other developers. Make sure to use the Agenda Builder tool on the site so you can make the most of your time at SAP TechEd.
- App Space: new this year, you’ll find the App Space in the BUILD area on the show floor (formerly known as Hackers’ Lounge). We will have laptops available on a first come, first serve basis loaded with the necessary tools for you to start building your first SAP HANA Cloud Platform apps or get started with SAP UI5 and SAP Web IDE. Experts will be on hand to help you every step of the way and when you complete the tutorial and build your app, you’ll be able to claim a cool prize!
- IoT Lab: a little different from last year, this year we will have Tessels (microcontrollers and sensors) for you to set up, connect to SAP HCP and build IoT apps. We will also have experts on hand to answer all your questions as well as step by step tutorials to help you out. We will have laptops and the Tessels available on a first come, first serve basis so stop by anytime – we will be located across from the App Space in the BUILD area on the show floor.
- SAP CodeJam (mini-editions): you are probably familiar with these 1-hr hands-on sessions covering a variety of topics via hands-on exercises designed to help you learn and get familiar with SAP’s dev tools and technologies. All sessions are led by SAP experts who will be able to answer your questions and help you when you get stuck. Laptops will be available on a first come, first serve basis so make sure that you show up early for the sessions that you are interested in because they tend to fill up very quickly! Click here for the schedule of sessions in Las Vegas. (The schedule for Barcelona will be published soon).
- Developer Garage: integrated into the show floor in the BUILD area, the Developer Garage will offer you an opportunity to get help from the experts downloading the latest versions and setting up your development environments and tools directly in your own laptop. You’ll be able to install and get up and running with all of the tools needed for developing cloud, mobile, ABAP, HANA, and UX/UI apps to name a few.
- Tech Talks: 45-min TED-style technology talks led by industry speakers on topics that are trending and matter to developers. This year, the program will cover topics such as containers, micro services, the latest on APIs, and more. The schedule of sessions will be published soon so stay tuned!
Be on the lookout for our Developer Hero banners as you walk around the show! This year’s heroes keep us inspired for everything that they do for all of us. From sharing their knowledge, to building innovative apps, to mentoring the next generation of coders, etc. This is just a small sample of the great heroes that we have in our developer community! Go ahead and connect with them if you see them at the event or just by reaching out via Twitter.
We look forward to seeing you at SAP TechEd 2015!