For the initiative Unilever's European HANA roll-out is set to begin in January 2013.It is expected to roll-out the following HANA accelerators:
- Cost of Profitability Analysis Accelerator – enables managers to visualise cost and profit drivers, even when working with large volumes of financial data.
- Material Ledger Accelerator – accelerates material-ledger period-end closings and drill-down reports.
- Finance and Controlling Accelerator – helps the finance department accelerate period-end closes and reporting while unlocking opportunities to improve financial performance.
- Automatic real-time Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) – speeds up OEE calculations, which are used to identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Trade Promotion Management – improves the granularity of promotional planning data by providing instant access to daily sales, shipment, volume and cost data.
Thomas Benthien, Director at Unilever's ERP centre of excellence said this will lead to an increase in database transactions and our company expects to double its turnover from €40bn to €80bn by 2020.
We believed HANA Speeds up Unilever Business process by enabling Unilever to reduce the time it takes to process 200 million records from 440 seconds to just 30 second & 30,000 transactions per minute.
“We also developed an iPad CFO dashboard, which needed a fast response time – it can access 90 Million records in four seconds using Business Objects,” he said.