While upgrading a SAP IQ 16.0 SP3 database with some tables with RLV enable to SAP IQ SP8 I encounter and the error saying that the database could not be upgrade because the user "" was using the database. Here I detail how I solved the issue.
While on SP3
1. Identify all the tables that enabled for RLV.
SELECT b.table_id, b.table_nameFROM SYSIQTAB a,SYSTABLE bWHERE a.table_id = b.table_id and is_rlv='T'
I use the following procedure because "alter table mytable disable RLV STORE" make the database crash.
2. Create a backup table for every RLV enable table.
3. Copy each RLV enable tables to the corresponding new backup table.
insert into orig_table select * from bck_table
4. Drop all the RLV enable tables.
5. Make the RLV dbspace read only.
alter dbspace IQ_RLVStore readonly
6. Remove all the files from the RLV dbspace.
alter dbspace IQ_RLVStore drop file RLV_F1
7. Drop the RLV dbspace
drop dbspace IQ_RLVStore
8. Recreate all the RVL enable table that you dropped, but do not RLV enable them.
9. Restore the content of the tables from the backup tables.
10. Drop the backup tables.
Now, you should be able to shut down the database on SP3, started on SP8 and upgrade it.
Do not forget to re enable RLV after the upgrade.
This post was first published on by personal web blog at Error Upgrading SAP IQ 16.0 SP3 to SP8 with RLV Enabled | ARBIME