SAP Solution Manager 7.1 is planned to be available in unrestricted shipment in August 2011.
I wanted to know what the highlights are.
To get some early insights into what highlights are in store of SAP Solution Manager 7.1 I watched the video of Uwe Hommel, Executive Vice President, SAP Active Global Support, discussing SAP Solution Manager 7.1.
And I visited the Value Center for SAP Solution Manager.
Some of the Highlights are:
Supporting the end-to-end Customer Solution
- Open modeling of non SAP applications in new Landscape Management Database
- Open CTS to integrate non SAP, Open Diagnostics and Monitoring/Alerting Infrastructure
- From “Application Incident Management” to a complete ITIL V3 compliant ITSM for the customer solution
- Enhanced integration with 3rd party IT management: HP QC, IBM Rational, Worksoft, Cisco Tidal
- Upcoming: Integration into Infrastructure Management (CMDB)
Ease of Use & Dashboards
Simplified User Interface and Management Dashboards
- 100% transparency into IT and business with Management Dashboards
- Fully Work Center Enabled
- Change and Incident Management : Complete web-based user interface
- Test Management : New intuitive user interface for Tester work list
- Enhanced Business Blueprinting: Easily blueprint your solution with one BPMN compliant tool
Run SAP like a Factory with 2 FTEs per shift
- New Monitoring and Alerting Infrastructure to automate repetitive tasks and avoid alert flooding with one central infrastructure and correlation / aggregation of alerts
- Operation Control Center for central control of mission critical operations support
Relevance to Business
Business Process Modeling, Reverse Engineering & Usage Analysis
- Enhanced Business Blueprinting: Central visibility into your business processes in BPMN notation
- Reverse engineering of business processes with IBIS content fully integrated in Solution Documentation Assistant
- Business Analytics: optimize execution of business processes with throughput and Backlog analysis
Extended Usage Rights
- A complete solution for the midmarket CIO to run IT like a business
- Included in the SAP MaxAttention and SAP Enterprise Support contract
For documentation and training materials on new or changed functionality provided with SAP Solution Manager 7.1, see the
- SAP Library: Changes and New Features in SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP01
- SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SAP Online Knowledge Product (OKP) and select
your Learning Map