as promised: A click-through demo for the new MDG 7.0 function "Governance of Business Partner". As written in the blog from Markus Kuppe: "Create new Business Partner with MDG-BP. With MDG 7.0 "there are out-of-the-box governance processes for the generic SAP Business Partner. That means in addition to Supplier and Customer that were provided earlier, companies can now also govern the central data of different types of SAP Business Partners".
Goal of this demo
At the end of this demo you are able to demo the new feature Business Partner Governance to customers.
- Create simple Business Partner only via MDG (w/o customer or supplier )
- Generate IBAN out of bank details
- One Step Contact Person creation
The following graphic shows the process flow.
1. Requestor: Claire Thomas creates a new MDG Change Request and submits the request
2. Approver: Mike will review and approve the request. The system will activate the new Business Partner
3. Business/ERP User: In this demo Mike will also check the existence of the new Business Partner .
Link to the Demo:
Some statements to the scenario from technical perspective
1. End users will see the following entry point navigation item, if you assign a user to the corresponding new pfcg role
2. With MDG 7.0 IBAN conversion is possible in "both" directions:
3. With MDG 7.0 its possible to add a second ( ore even more ) Business Partner record into the same Change Request via the "One Step Contact Person Creation" function. Its Standard!
a. how to add a new contact person
b. how it looks in "My Change Request":