I have been so lucky to be part of the team of specialists in charge of the implementation of the first project that went live with SAP Retail Execution (ReX) that I’m happy to share something of my experience here in SCN.
I can confirm that on Monday, June 25th, 2012 the pilot group of Merchandisers working for a major company was outside collecting Sales Orders and Executing Visits with their brand new iPhones and the powerful SAP ReX App version 2.0.5.
Within a month, the rollout will be completed involving 200 sales force colleagues.
At the end of the day, the innovative solution, we as TechedgeGroup, have implemented, includes the following main components:
- Devices: Apple iPhones 4GS
- Retail Execution App: SAP Retail Execution App (SAP ReX)
- Mobile Enterprise Application Platform (MEAP) Sybase Unwired Platform (SUP) to securely manage the communications between the devices and the back-ends
- Mobile Device Management (MEAP): SAP Afaria to secure and setup the devices centrally deploying the configured SAP ReX App
- Customer Relation Management (CRM): SAP CRM 7.0 to manage Listings, plan and collect the Visits of each Merchandiser
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP): SAP ECC 6.0 to process Sales Orders and manage Customers, Products and Prices that are immediately replicated to SAP CRM via middleware
- Enterprise Service Bus: SAP Process Integration 7.3 to directly post, from SAP ECC to the systems of the wholesalers, the Sales Orders collected by the Merchandisers
At the end of the first week, we have been told that everything worked quite well and as a nice colleague said, “we made a real step forward into the new mobile World of SAP and real new technologies”.
Introduction to the SAP Retail Execution App (SAP ReX)
From my personal prospective SAP ReX is nowadays the most powerful and strategic Mobile App offered by SAP and let’s get started with the help of the following links:
- SAP Retail Execution in iTunes Store - iTunes downloading page
- EchoHub SAP Store – SAP Retail Execution in the SAP Store
- Mobile Retail Execution Application Overview - Webinar Details- interesting Webinar
- SAP CRM Retail Execution - Functional Overview - interesting presentation
- SAP CRM Retail Execution - Functional OverviewSAP Mobile Store Apps - an interesting wiki page created by SAP Mentor John Moy that highlights for each SAP App the involved backends, the underline technology and the supported platforms
To be continued…
I’m going to post some more blogs regarding SAP ReX to tell about the new skills and the new ways to run implementation projects.
I’m also going to post a series of episodes to explore different technical aspects of the solution analyzing some interesting and strange behaviors.