Below are the 4Cs of Enterprise Mobility
Under what CONDITIONS would a Business like to go Mobile ?
- Gaining more eyeballs - To increase reach of your Enterprise applicaitons to billions of users instead of millions.
- Unwiring Business - Not only your Employees but your Partners & Customers would also want to be mobile and would like to unwire their Business.
What does mobile technology CHANGE for an enterprise ?
- Target Audience - solutions needs to be targetted to Consumers rather than IT department.
- Partner Ecosystem - development needs to be more partner driven (around 90% of applications may comes from partners)
- Software Delivery - Access to Marketplace for mobile users to download and upgrade mobile apps must be provided.
What CHALLENGE does mobile solutions bring to Enterprise ?
Security is one of the major concern as mobile solution should:
- securely support multiple mobile stakeholders/users
- securely support multiple devices (RIM, iOS, Android)
- support multiple business processes
- securely support access to various backend systems (Backend Agnostic)
and while doing all the above manage TCO (Total Cost of Ownerships), which is the second most import challenge.
What CLASSES of applications could be developed as mobile applications ?
- People Productivity Applications
- Simple Applications (e.g. Travel, Leave, etc.)
- Process Applications
- Complex applications with Online & Offline capability (e.g. Sales Order, Invoice etc.)
- Analytics App
- Finance Reports etc..
- Consumer Application
- Loyality Management
- Mobile Payment
- Mobile Banking
- Custom Applications providing innovative ways of improving customer engagement. (build your own car, customize your device etc.)