BusinessObjects Ent XI 3.1 Server Intelligence Agent Fix (AddNode failed during installation )
Server Intelligence Agent (SIA) is the major new feature of the new server architecture for BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1. SIA the bootstrap service that in turns starts the Central Management Server as well as monitors the health of the Central Management Server.
To help users understand what to do if the install completes successfully but SIA Server Intelligence Agent is not available to run CMS.
This page helps users know how to proceed when an install runs 'successfully' but the SIA Server Intelligence Agent is not available to run CMS and to allow Central Services to run properly.
- Business objects install finishes 'successfully'
- Login to BusinessObjects Enterprise is not successful.
- You are trying to add new SIA from CCM but not responsive. ( Tried to use different port does changed situation)
- Open <Install dir>\installdata\logs\<install date>\setupengine.log
- Search for 'addnode.bat'
- Locate second instance of 'addnode'bat'
- From here, search for 'RunRedistProgram: return value'
- It is possible to see 'Addnode has failed due to unexpected error' or 'The CMS has terminated unexpectedly with exit code 0'
- Investigate <Install dir > \Program files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\Logging\CMS and SIA logs.
- Get the addnode.bat command line from installer log, for example:
- Prepare command by replacing the parameters appropriately for the connection parameters
- Launch CCM
- Stop the local SIA
- Run the addnode.bat from a command prompt (see more details below)
- Go to CCM and restart the SIA Note: The above steps configure the SIA where the installer failed.
- Look for command lines in logs. Since the commands have absolute paths, they can be run manually from the prompt to hopefully get more information as to the problem.
- Execute the command manually replacing the parameters like installdir, cmshost, cmsport, boeUser, boeServer, boeAuth, logfile, statusfile, etc. The boePwd parameter is not written to the log but it is needed when executing a command manually with this type of conneciton information in it.
- Study the output log and status file to determine the possible root cause.
- Use batch program from command prompt to add a new SIA addnode.bat -name test3 -siaport 7520 -cms CMSNAME -user administrator -password PASSWORD -authentication SecEnterprise -platform win32_x64
You can check from task manager processes tab if your SIA and CMS is working.
Example of Successful execution of addnote.bat from command prompt.
New SIA added as example as you can see services produced after some time.
I hope this document would clarify some manual tactics of solving problems with BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1.