I think it is a common problem that usernames in R/3 are different from the Portal username. This especially occurs when the Portal authentication is done to a LDAP Directory like Active Directory. We had this problem and here is a how to guide to setup a R/3 Reference system in the Portal to solve this problem.
A detailed description how the Usermapping works can be found in this /thread/15552 [original link is broken].
- SAP R/3 System
- SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0 SP 7
Create Reference system in the System Landscape
Logon to the Portal as an Administrator and open System Administration, System Configuration, System Landscape.
- Open the Folder with your Systems or create a new one if you have not Folder for the systems.
- Create a new System
- Select the appropriate Template. For testing it is best to use Dedicated Application Server for R/3 System and click Next.
- Enter System Name, System ID and System ID Prefix and click next
- Confirm the Summary with Finish
- As the next step choose Open the object for editing and click OK
- Switch to the Property Category Connector enter at least this Fields:
|SAP System ID (SID)|
|SAP System Number|
Important: If you enter a Gateway Service by name e. G. sapgw00 then you have to maintain also the file services in C:WINNTsystem32driversetcservices. For the R/3 Reference System the Gateway Host and Service must be maintained.
- Switch now to the Property Category User Management and choose SAPLOGONTICKET as Logon Method and User Mapping Type User
- Switch to display System Aliases
- Enter a Alias for this system and mark it as default.
- Save the configuration changes and close the system.
Configure User Management to use the R/3 Reference System
- Open System Administration, System Configuration,UM Configuration in the Portal.
- Switch to the tab security settings
- Choose the SAP Reference System from the Dropdown list.
- Save your settings
- Restart the J2EE Server of the Portal
- Logon to the Portal
- Click on Personalize
- Choose User Mapping
- Select the System that was defined as R/3 Reference System
- Enter User and Password and click Save
- If you entered a valid Username and Password you will get the message Logon data saved
Test the Usermapping
To test the Usermapping you can install the Portal Application coming with SAP Note 701205. It provides a IView to display the SSO Cookie Information. After you have installed the PAR in your portal you can access the URL http://portal.server:port/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/SSOSupport.default and click on Send then it will show you the MYSAPSSO2 Cookies for the R/3 User and Portal User.