Today, SAP NetWeaver 7.4 was released to SAP customers for general availability.
Here is the list of the most important facts you should be aware of:
- SAP NetWeaver 7.4 is the compatible follow-up release to previous SAP NetWeaver versions.
- Previous code for the NetWeaver platform written in ABAP or Java runs without change.
- SAP NetWeaver 7.4 is deployed on premise
- SAP UI5 and Gateway capabilities have been integrated into SAP NetWeaver 7.4
- SAP NetWeaver 7.4 AS ABAP provides optimized access to SAP HANA and serves as a foundation to SAP Business Suite on SAP HANA.
- ABAP development and SAP HANA modeling and content development tools can be used based on Eclipse tooling platform
- SAP NetWeaver 7.4 AS Java is functionally equivalent to SAP NetWeaver 7.31 AS Java (Java codebases are identical)
- SAP NetWeaver 7.4 supports advanced Business Continuity scenarios
- SAP NetWeaver 7.4 offers new opportunities for customers and partners to build own new solutions or optimize existing ones in ABAP for SAP HANA.
- SAP NetWeaver 7.4 offers guidelines, best practices and integration scenarios which have been developed in customer engagement initiatives.
There is a lot more to know for you about SAP NetWeaver 7.4
Therefore we published a SAP NetWeaver landing page which provides a detailed overview and positioning,
points to all relevant spaces and resources on SCN, and gives you an introduction to cross scenarios that bridge between
important technologies such as SAP NetWeaver, SAP HANA and SAP HANA Cloud.
Please chech out the landing page that ties it all together: SAP NetWeaver 7.4 - Optimized for SAP HANA, Cloud and Mobile - Available now!
We look forward to your feedback and are happy to answer your upcoming questions.
Monika Kaiser and Karl Kessler