Two months ago general availability of SAP NetWeaver 7.4 was announced.
Since then SAP NetWeaver 7.4 was downloaded more than 1000 times from SAP Service Marketplace!
Let us do a quick recap of the main capabilities of 7.4:
- SAP NetWeaver 7.4 responds to emerging market trends such as in memory, mobile and cloud.
- SAP NetWeaver 7.4 optimizes access to SAP HANA.
- SAP NetWeaver 7.4 offers new ways to bridge between on premise and on demand solutions running on SAP HANA Cloud.
- SAP NetWeaver 7.4 paves the way for the development of mobile apps running on popular devices such as smart phones and tablets.
- SAP NetWeaver 7.4 represents the foundation for SAP Business Suite on SAP HANA
- SAP NetWeaver 7.4 brings embedded NetWeaver Gateway and SAP UI5 capabilities.
- SAP NetWeaver 7.4 offers new opportunities for custom development projects in the context of SAP HANA
featuring development tools, guidelines and best practices to get the most out of SAP HANA.
Now, you might argue "Great. I heard that before, but what happens to my NetWeaver hubs such as the NetWeaver Portal, Business Warehouse or NetWeaver Process Integration in my SAP landscape? Which deployment options are available for SAP NetWeaver 7.4? How about Business Suite content for the 7.4 hubs?" and much more.
Fortunately, SAP NetWeaver 7.4 SP3 was just released. Apart from the usual maintenance aspect of a support package upgrade paths from older NetWeaver releases to 7.4 are now available. In addition the first Java based NetWeaver hubs such as AS Java, Portal, BPM and ADS are enabled to run on SAP HANA. Content questions are important in this context for obvious reasons.
We pulled together all the various aspects when deploying SAP NetWeaver 7.4 in the following document (with notes):
Hope this information provides you with orientation you need for a successful deployment of 7.4 and I am happy to answer your upcoming questions.