How are you creating configurations objects for integration scenarios? What are the options available? Are you creating the configuration objects efficiently?
The following are the tools available in PI 7.3 with which creation of configuration objects in integration builder can be done efficiently and quickly:
- Model configurator
- Configuration wizard
- Integration Directory Programming API
- Integrated Configuration (Only for AAE)
In this article, I will concentrate on using process integration scenario model from ESR as a template in Model configurator tool to create configuration objects. This approach is very efficient when you have multiple messages being exchanged in one scenario. I worked on a scenario which required configuration of six different message exchanges with four different components. I found that this approach is very efficient.
Process Integration Scenario: A Process Integration Scenario maps the entire message exchange for a collaborative process completely and gives an overview of the process flow. A process integration scenario can serve as a documentation for the scenario and also as a template to be used for creation of configuration objects.
Configuration Scenario: Configuration scenario is used to group configuration objects that are connected together.
Model Configurator: A tool in integration builder that guides a user in creating configuration objects. It can use a process integration scenario model from ESR to create configuration objects.
For detailed explanation on how to create a process integration scenario, refer SAP help at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4b/ec98b9a084324ae10000000a15822b/frameset.htm. The process integration scenario i created looked like this. Please note that i have masked the action names and put in some additional comments. Please note that the actions should have all the interfaces that will be used. if there are multiple messages being exchange by an action, care should be taken to properly configure multiple connections. You should also assign communication channel templates to the actions.
Steps to use process integration scenario as a template in Integration builder. Please note that to make the blog short, i have chosen only very few screenshots.
1. In Integration Builder go to Tools => Apply Model from ES Repository
2. Choose Process Integration Scenario as the type of ES Repository model and select the model you want to configure.
3. Use a configuration scenario to group related objects.
4. The model configurator opens up allowing you to assign components and connections:
5. Once the assignments are done, you can create configuration objects.
6. As a last step, update the communication channels, update interface determination conditions if any and save and activate.
In the interest of reader's time i have not gone into too many details. As a result of this blog, if you try this approach, please do post comments and suggestions.