If you're having difficulty registering for SAP Community Network (SCN), this document can help you. SAP employees, partners and customers with S-numbers do not need to register and can login with their user ID.
- Registering as an SAP Customer or Partner: The system says, “The Customer SAP S-number that you requested already exists. Please enter another customer SAP S-number.” What do I do?
How to Register on SCN: It's Quick and Easy
SAP employees, partners and customers with S-numbers do not need to register and can login with their user ID. Please see the SCN Login FAQ.
Registering on SCN is quick and easy. All you need is a valid email address. Just click Register at the top of the page.
- Note that email addresses can be used only once. Also, we allow only one account per person.
- During the registration process, the system will ask you to verify your email.
- After you login, you can easily customize your profile and preferences.
S-number and Passwords: What if I get the “Invalid User ID” or “Invalid Password” error?
Confirmation: What if I don't receive a confirmation email?
If you don't receive confirmation, this usually means the email address provided during registration was incorrect. Please contact us for fast assistance. If you're an SAP customer or partner using your S-number, the password will be emailed to the email address listed on your profile in OSS/SMP.
Registering as an SAP Customer or Partner: The system says, “The Customer SAP S-number that you requested already exists. Please enter another customer SAP S-number.” What do I do?
SCN uses your S-number as the user ID in our directory, so you must use a personal S-number. If you share an S-number with colleagues, you need to request a personal S-number from your company’s OSS/Service Marketplace administrator. Or you can submit your request in Service Marketplace.
Registering as an SAP Employee: The system says, “We are sorry, but information you have provided does not match our SAP user list. Please contact Portal Administrator for help.” What do I do?
You might see this message for two reasons:
- Employees might experience this problem if they've recently joined SAP, changed their name or changed their C-, D- or I-number. Please contact us for further assistance.
- Another common cause of this problem is an incompatible entry of first and last name during the registration process. When entering your personal information, enter it exactly as shown in Microsoft Outlook.
a. First name: Use all names that appear after the comma in Outlook.
b. Copy your last name as it appears before the comma in Outlook.
Sometimes various network and connectivity issues might cause different errors, many of which are out of SCN's control. Wait several minutes and try to register again. If the problem persists, please contact us for further assistance.
Deleting Your SCN Account
To delete your SCN account, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send your request from the email account associated with your SCN user ID.
- Include the reason why you want to delete your account. We would love to know so that we can improve the experience for others.