- What if I forgot my password?
- What if I forgot both my SCN User ID and password?
- How can I delete my account?
- How can I merge multiple accounts? (Transfer content, points, etc.)
- How can I find my SCN User ID?
- Other Issues?
What if I forgot my password?
If you forget your password, and you're an external user or SAP employee, simply request a new SCN password by following these steps:
- Enter your e-mail address or SCN User ID.
- Wait for your new password to be sent to the e-mail address associated with your account.
For SAP customers and partners who have an S-number, please request a new password from SAP Service Marketplace: http://service.sap.com/reset-pw.
How do I change my password?
For external users and SAP employees, changing a password is simple. Visit http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/changepassword. (This link can also be found in the actions box on your profile page.)
You cannot re-use previous SCN passwords.
For SAP customers or partners with an S-number, please request a new password from SAP Service Marketplace: http://service.sap.com/reset-pw. Or, you can try the following link: http://service.sap.com/change-pw.
Does a changed password affect passwords on other SAP sites?
If your SCN User ID is the same as your OSS / SMP's User ID, your password will also change on those systems. If you are an SAP employee, the password change will not affect any other SAP system.
Does a changed password on another SAP site affect my SCN password?
If your SCN User ID is the same as your OSS / SMP's User ID, please use your new password on SCN.
What if I forgot both my SCN User ID and password?
You can still log on to SCN using your e-mail address. Visit https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/forgotpassword to request a new password to be sent to your e-mail address.
How can I delete my account?
- To delete your SCN account, e-mail your request to email@example.com.
- Send your request from the e-mail account associated with your SCN User ID.
- Include the reason why you want to delete your account. Please help us make the SCN experience better for others.
How can I merge multiple accounts? (Transfer content, points, etc.)
Unfortunately, at this time it is not possible to consolidate SCN accounts, link them or transfer points, badges or content from one account to another. Our identity management system is complex and we are working to develop a functionality to consolidate accounts, but since it is complex work it is taking more time than originally expected.
We are sorry for the inconvenience this is causing to you. At the moment what you can do is create a new account and start from scratch with no content and no points, and once the functionality to merge accounts is available you will be able to benefit from it.
How can I find my SCN User ID?
There are two ways to retrieve you SCN User ID:
- Open https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/updateprofile. Your ID is listed on the top right of the page.
- Go to your SCN profile and click Expand appearing next to your name