This is document will help you with password issues on SAP Community Network (SCN). If you haven't registered, see Registration Support FAQ. Also see the related document: Log On Support FAQ for SAP Community Network (SCN).
- What if I forgot my password or change my password?
- How can I delete my account?
- How can I merge multiple accounts? (Transfer content, points, etc.)
- How can I find my SCN User ID?
- Other Issues?
What if I forgot my password or change my password?
If you forget your password, and you're an external user or SAP employee, simply request a new SCN password by following these steps:
Go to scn.sap.com
- Click on the "Log-On" link at the top of the page
- Select "Forgot Password"
- Enter your Email address
- Check your mail box and follow the instructions that will be sent to you by Email
For SAP customers and partners who have an S-number, please request a new password from SAP Service Marketplace: http://service.sap.com/reset-pw.
Does a changed password affect passwords on other SAP sites?
If your SCN User ID is the same as your OSS / SMP's User ID, your password will also change on those systems. If you are an SAP employee, the password change will not affect any other SAP system.
Does a changed password on another SAP site affect my SCN password?
If your SCN User ID is the same as your OSS / SMP's User ID, please use your new password on SCN.
How can I delete my account?
- To delete your SCN account, e-mail your request to email@example.com.
- Send your request from the e-mail account associated with your SCN User ID.
- Include the reason why you want to delete your account. Please help us make the SCN experience better for others.
How can I merge multiple accounts? (Transfer content, points, etc.)
Unfortunately, at this time it is not possible to consolidate SCN accounts, link them or transfer points, badges or content from one account to another. Our identity management system is complex and we are working to develop a functionality to consolidate accounts.
We are sorry for the inconvenience this is causing to you. Please create a new account and reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and request to be added to the list of pending accounts to be merged. Once this functionality will become available we will notify you.
How can I find my SCN User ID?
There are two ways to retrieve you SCN User ID:
- Log-on to SCN
- Open your SCN profile by clicking on your avatar that can be found at the top of the page.
- Click on Expand appearing next to your name