This is document will help you with password issues on SAP Community Network (SCN). If you haven't registered, see Support FAQ for Registration.
See the related document: Support FAQ for Logging In.
- What if I forgot my password?
- What if I forgot both my SCN User ID and password?
- How can I delete my account?
- How can I find my SCN User ID?
- Other Issues?
What if I forgot my password?
If you forget your password, and you're an external user or SAP employee, simply request a new SCN password by following these steps:
- Enter your email address or SCN User ID.
- Wait for your new password to be sent to the email address associated with your account.
For SAP customers and partners who have an S-number, please request a new password from SAP Service Marketplace: http://service.sap.com/reset-pw.
How do I change my password?
For external users and SAP employees, changing a password is simple. Visit http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/changepassword. (This link can also be found in the actions box on your profile page.)
You cannot re-use previous SCN passwords.
For SAP customers or partners with an S-number, please request a new password from SAP Service Marketplace: http://service.sap.com/reset-pw. Or, you can try the following link: http://service.sap.com/change-pw.
Does a changed password affect passwords on other SAP sites?
If your SCN User ID is the same as your OSS / SMP's User ID, your password will also change on those systems. If you are an SAP employee, the password change will not affect any other SAP system.
Does a changed password on another SAP site affect my SCN password?
If your SCN User ID is the same as your OSS / SMP's User ID, please use your new password on SCN.
What if I forgot both my SCN User ID and password?
You can still login to SCN using your email address. Visit https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/forgotpassword to request a new password to be sent to your email address.
How can I delete my account?
- To delete your SCN account, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send your request from the email account associated with your SCN User ID.
- Include the reason why you want to delete your account. Please help us make the SCN experience better for others.
How can I find my SCN User ID?
There are two ways to retrieve you SCN User ID:
- Open https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/updateprofile. Your ID is listed on the top right of the page.
- Go to your SCN profile and click Expand appearing next to your name