Use the Browse menu for global browsing on SCN. With this important feature, you can locate:
- Blogs, documents, forums and polls
- SCN members
- Topic Spaces
The Browse Content menu delivers SCN content. This content includes blogs, documents, discussions and polls.
- Use tabs to filter by text for blogs, documents, discussion forums, or polls.
- Find the latest SCN blogs by selecting Blog Posts and Sort by latest activity.
- Use text or tag filters to find the most interesting content.
- In the left-hand area, you can filter for Content that is related to you in important ways -- that is, content you’ve authored or commented on, content you’re following or have recently viewed.
- Jive Genius is another feature that lets you find your content. It selects content for you based on your interests and previous activities.
Browsing for SCN Members
The Browse People menu brings up all SCN members.
- Use Sort to list members by first name, last name, the date they joined SCN, or lifetime reputation points.
- Clicking a member’s name takes you to his/her SCN biography, where you can read his/her profile and contributions to SCN.
- From the left-hand area, you can filter for SCN members whom you are following or who follow you.
- Jive Genius suggests members who might interest you and whom you should consider following.
Watch this video and learn how to follow other SCN members.
The Browse Places menu lists all SCN Topic Spaces.
- Use Sort to list spaces according to their name, level of activity, or date of creation.
- Clicking a space name takes you to the Overview page for that space, which is a good starting point for getting acquainted with that content and community. From there, you can find out more about who is active in the space and navigate to the documents, blogs, and discussions associated with the space.
- From the left-hand area, you can filter for SCN Topic Spaces that you have recently viewed or that you are following.
- Jive Genius suggests SCN Topic Spaces that might interest you based on your profile and activity.
The Browse Recent Bookmarks menu lists SCN Bookmarked content from you and other members.
- You can view all SCN members' bookmarks, or filter for bookmarks that are your own.
- Click Sort to list bookmarks by name, level of activity, or date of creation.
- You can also sort for the most popular bookmarks of the day, week, month or year.
- Clicking a space name takes you to the Overview page for that space, which is a good starting point for getting acquainted with that particular content and community. From there, you can learn who is active in the community and navigate to the documents, blogs and discussions.
Selecting the Browser Display
The icons at the top of the Browse screen let you select how you view your content results.
- If you select the four squares icon, you'll see a tiled view. As shown in the Browse Content page below, you can read introductory text in addition to the title(s) of the content. This can help you decide which content is relevant and interesting for you.
For more information, see The Browse Menu.