SAP NetWeaver Portal offers a comprehensive portfolio of innovative solutions, based on best in class portal platform. The latest release SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.3 includes:
- Enterprise-ready, highly scalable platform, with significantly enhanced capabilities and tools for end users, administrators and developers
- Open, extendable platform for implementing intranet, extranet or mobile portal scenarios based on innovative add-on solutions, flexible APIs, industry standards
- Flexible UI integration layer to interoperate and integrate business processes with on premise / on demand services
For more information about Portal capabilities see the Solution in Brief.
In the following sections you find information about the right tools and capabilities for each user group (end users, expert users, administrators and developers).
End Users - Consume and Collaborate Everywhere
- Enterprise Workspaces: create your own pages and populate them with content.
- Wikis: perform collaborative writing and save time by making ideas available, sharing knowledge and managing related information.
- Forums. share knowledge by communicating, and proactively delivering relevant information to people who have similar interests.
- Harmonized, intuitive user interfaces design
- Easy navigation with quick launch and tabsets
- Quick access via favorites, history and personalization
End users can use Business Suite applications and services via more than 90 valuable Business Packages for SAP NetWeaver Portal.
Key or Expert Users - Deliver Your Message to Everyone
SAP NetWeaver Portal - Enabling key users to efficiently do their job.SAP NetWeaver Portal offers smart tools to support professionally managed content scenarios:
- Web Content Management provides various web content management services for easily creating and managing pages in SAP NetWeaver Portal
- Knowledge Management with KM enables key users to manage their documents in the portal
- Mashups enable key users to quickly create interactive portal pages by connecting (wiring) various content items on a portal page
- Flexible tools and APIs allow customers and partners to easily configure, extend and customize the solutions
Administrators - Run a High-Performance Portal with Near-Zero Downtime
SAP NetWeaver Portal - Providing powerful tools for managing and administrating your portal landscape:
- Simplified content and system administration
- Improved server performance & scalability
- Reduced costs for portal operations and administration
- Enhanced content sharing with SAP NetWeaver Portal
- Improved performance & availability of the new Java server
- Easier integration of applications with improved „Application Integrator" tool
- Better tools for administration, monitoring und troubleshooting with SAP NetWeaver Administrator
- Support Near Zero Downtime for Maintenance
- Better transport management with CTS+
- Apply your individual corporate design to the portal (branding)
For more information see SAP NetWeaver Portal Administration and Development.
Developers - Extend the Portal to Meet the Diverse Needs of Your Organization
SAP NetWeaver Portal - Extending your Portal based on open standards and interfaces.
- Developer Studio: Enhanced version of SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio (based on Eclipse 3.5)
- Open framework for custom development and extensions using powerful portal APIs and Web Services
- Web Standards Supports modern standards for security, development and portal interoperability such as Java EE5, EJB 3.0, JSP 2.1, SAML 1.1/2.0, JSR 168/28
- Upgrade tools and how-to guides for application migration
- Enhanced SAP NetWeaver Administrator for easier server administration: system and deployment status, logging, troubleshooting and error handling
For more information see Developing for SAP NetWeaver Portal.