SAP Integration Certification for SUP-based mobile apps
To ensure customers obtain robust and tested enterprise-class applications, SAP has created a certification program for mobility. Certified, pre-packaged and downloadable mobile apps deployed on mobile devices and Sybase Unwired Platform (SUP) server can qualify for listing on the SAP Store for Mobile Solutions.
The certification of mobile solutions is currently available for SUP 2.0, and SUP 2.1, and verifies the following aspects:
Mobile App on the device
- Verify the deployment of the mobile app onto the device
- Mobile app needs to be a "downloadable" application, and published on the associated app store if required by the vendor (Apple, RIM, Microsoft, etc.)
- Verify the end-to-end mobile app functionality
- Deployment of mobile business object (MBO) package on SUP server using Sybase Control Center (SCC)
- Registration of mobile device and user in SCC
- Configuration of connection profiles and security in SCC
SAP Backend Connectivity
Any SAP-backend integration should be implemented using a SAP-endorsed integration technology:
- Integration with SAP delivered standard APIs (aka BAPIs) or remotely enabled function modules
- Integration with custom developed ABAP Add-on (functions). When developing custom Add-ons, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
o Appropriate SAP development license (either SAP ERP or SAP CRM or SAP NetWeaver application user license) is required
o Registration on SAP Service Marketplace of development namespace for custom Add-on is required. Delivery of Add-On in customer namespace (using X, Y, Z) is not allowed.
o Packaging of custom Add-on using Add-on Assembly Kit is required (AAK will be provided during certification).
- Custom Add-on criteria are also applicable when developing Gateway content for mobile apps. For further details on developing custom Add-on (how to get AAK, AAK tutorials, etc.) please contact ICC integration consultant at ICC@SAP.com.
Authentication and security (as of SUP 2.1)
- Basic authentication - i.e. mobile app should implement a basic mechanism for securing access to sensitive corporate data.
- Getting Started
- Technical Documentation
- Test System Recommendation from SAP ICC
- Price List
- Benefits of Certification
- Related Content
- Packaged mobile apps: Interested companies can sign up via the SAP Mobile Apps Partner Program for a complete enablement package, including certification of packaged mobile apps.
- Custom mobile apps: Companies developing custom mobile apps (apps that are not sold via any online Store) should contact email@example.com to sign up for certification.
To get started, SAP ICC has prepared a number of documents and technical documentation to guide you through the process:
- Questionnaire helps determine the scope of the certification.Please fill out the document and send it to ICC.
- Project Overview provides a summary of the complete certification process
- FAQ: Mobile App Certification is for SAP Partners and ISVs interested in learning about the mobile app certification process.
- Readiness Check: SUP Mobile Application Certification is a checklist for SAP Partners and ISVs, which provides guidance through the certification process – from sign-up to completion.
- Interface Document for SUP Mobile App Certification lists all available integration scenarios
- SUP-MA 2.1 Integration Certification Test Plan document
- ABAP documentation for mobile apps integrating to SAP back-end
Please see the Related Content section for more technical information. For more information on Gateway, please consult the SCN page for SAP NetWeaver Gateway Integration
- Certification of mobile apps based on Sybase Unwired Platform was introduced with SUP 2.0
- Certification of mobile apps with SUP 2.1 tests additional features. Re-certification is recommended.
Test System Recommendation from SAP ICC
Companies wishing to build and certify mobile apps will require their own in-house landscape for the SAP Mobile Platform, and for the SAP Business Suite components that the mobile app touches upon. Licensing information can be obtained either via the SAP Mobile Apps Partner Program or from SAP ICC.
Companies interested in certifying pre-packaged mobile apps are able to sign up for the SAP Mobile Apps Partner Program for a comprehensive enablement and certification package.
Starting October 1st, 2012 the pricing for custom mobile app certification changes to 4000 Euro. All pre-packaged mobile apps can continue to be certified via the SAP Mobile Apps Partner Program at the 990 Euro fee. This yearly subscription includes an assigned SAP ICC consultant for the end-to-end SUP integration, including any back-end SAP Business Suite or SAP NetWeaver Gateway integration. Additional fees for development licenses may apply.
Benefits of Certification
Mobile apps that are certified by SAP meet one important qualification criteria for listing on SAP Store.
The SAP Store for Mobile Apps is an "enterprise ready" app store that allows customers to discover, download, evaluate and buy mobile apps from SAP and SAP's ecosystem partners. The SAP Store for Mobile apps offers the ease of use and familiarity of a consumer app store and addresses the unique needs of enterprise customers. Please visit SAP Store at https://store.sap.com/
Overall, customers using SAP-certified solutions in their SAP environment, as well as the ISVs and partners offering these, experience great benefits such as shorter implementation times based on pre-tested integrations, technical enablement, and marketing assets that certification provides. Please visit the 'Certification Benefits overview page' for more information.
After successful certification testing the ISV solution can be advertised with the appropriate SAP-certified logo.
SAP Mobile Apps Partner Program
SAP Community Network
Related ICC Certification programs
ABAP Add-on Related Links
SAP Training and Help: Please refer to SAP Education.
You are invited to join our introductory webinars - hosted by the SAP Integration and Certification Center in regular intervals. For a schedule and recordings got to the page "SAP Integration and Certification Webinar Series Overview".
Partner Information CenterCertified solutions can be found in the Partner Information Center (PIC).