In 2012 SAP University Alliances will be hosting its second exciting new dashboard competition in collaboration with unicef. Students will be given access to real data on the operations of unicef France that will enable students to analyse the environment and actual operations of this globally renowned charity. You will be able to download, for free, the latest Crystal Dashboard design software from the University Alliances Community – this is the cutting edge of software used by organisations to create visually compelling interactive dashboards. Combined with the data from unicef this provides an exciting opportunity for students to show off your design skills whilst providing a much valued insight into this leading global charity.
Each team's dashboard will be judged on its usefulness, usability, data quality and presentation as well as, crucially, the level and depth of insight it provides to unicef, subject to the terms and conditions below.
Download a poster, share on bulletin boards, and distribute to students!
The top three student teams will each receive a valuable prize from SAP as well of course as valuable recognition that will be highly impressive on any CV. Three teams will be selected from the total number of entrants based on the mentioned judgment criteria as the SAP University Alliances Dashboard Design finalists. All three finalist teams will be invited together with a mentor lecturer to the SAP SAPPHIRE NOW conference in Madrid from November, 13th – 16th 2012, to take part in the final to decide who will achieve first, second and third place - including an entrance ticket per person for this conference and reasonable expenses (Economy class flight to Madrid/return and accommodation for the time of the event in a standard business hotel).
The final overall winner will be judged by our panel of design experts and crowned overall Best Dashboard Design. First prize will be a tablet computer for each student of first winning team; Second prize will be a media player for each student of second winning team and third prize will be 50 Euros in online digital media store vouchers for each student of third winning team. However the greatest achievement will be the prestige that comes from winning such a high profile competition and the boost it will give to any young person’s CV.
- Closing date for registration of teams: September 24th, 2012
- Provision of tools: September 17th, 2012
- Provision of unicef dataset, October 8th
- Final date for submission of entries, 22nd October
- Notification of 3 finalist teams by SAP: October 29th, 2012
- Finals: Madrid, November 13-16th, 2012
- Each university can submit multiple teams but each team must consist of no more than 3 named students.
- The dashboard must be built using SAP Crystal Dashboard Design (software available for free download - Windows operating system required).
- Entries must submit a dashboard and a 10 minute recorded presentation showcasing their dashboard.
- All submissions (dashboard and documentation) must be in English.
- All submitted materials must be original materials created by the members of the applicable team.
Students must first register their team. Read the terms and conditions.
STEPS AND RESOURCES
- Students: Review these steps and resources to understand the competition, download software, develop your skills in dashboarding, and submit your team's entry.
- Faculty: Review a 30 minute recorded webinar and slides on the value of this competition for students, learning resources, and important deadlines.
- For general inquiries: Send an email to email@example.com.