Collaboration Requires Context
The full potential of a collaboration solution unfolds when it is seamlessly integrated with systems of record and analytic systems. Bridging the gap between the structured application world and the unstructured collaboration world generally allow you to
- Improve team productivity - especially when external stakeholders are involved - and responsiveness in the context of business processes
- Streamline decision making for critical business decisions
- Decrease process cycle times
- Monitor and advance processes while on the go
SAP is working on providing out-of-the-box integrations with SAP StreamWork. This document describes some of the integrations which have been released recently.
- SAP StreamWork integration for SAP CRM
- SAP Supplier Lifecylce Management (SLC)
- SAP Business Objects BI 4.0 Feature Pack 3
- SAP NetwWeaver Business Warehouse Workspaces
The integration provides an extensive integration between SAP CRM 7 and the powerful collaboration environment SAP StreamWork evolving SAP CRM to a real collaborative and people-centric CRM. The scope includes:
- Integration into all CRM areas: Sales, Marketing and Service
- Key StreamWork functions are available directly in SAP CRM. Create and edit StreamWork Activities directly in CRM
- Feed and Subscription available for CRM objects. Stay up-to-date with all relevant changes in CRM, no matter if a colleague comments the object or the business data were changed.
- SAP StreamWork News Feed integrated both on SAP CRM homepage and object-specific in detailed views.
These features allow you to
- Solicit feedback from prospects to refine proposals or achieve better alignment with external agencies during marketing campaigns
- Receive real-time notifications of new opportunities, service tickets or marketing plan items
- Monitor existing sales activities, marketing plan developments, service ticket resolutions and conversations via feeds
The integration ensures, that no valuable CRM-related information will get lost. It enables you to collaborate efficiently on a business topic e.g. opportunities including external and internal resources to find the best descisions and get the best results. In general this integration can be implemented very quickly without system discontinuities.
An integration between SAP StreamWork and SAP CRM is available as of CRM 7.0 EHP1 SP08 and CRM 7.0 EHP2 SP03
In addition an integration with CRM 7.0 and CRM 7.0 EhP1, and Ehp2 is available as a standard service offering.
Streamwork is integrated into SLC in order to enable collaboration. In Release 1.0 the focus area for collaboration is the supplier, such that supplier development activities can be started from a supplier overview screen in SLC directly; such activities can be done completely internal without supplier interaction or where relevant also invite suppliers employees. Likewise collaboration with the supplier can be done in order to - for instance - facilitate joint product development activities.
The collaboration capabilities in SLC allow you to
- Improve buying team productivity and responsiveness
- Streamline decision making
- Enhance supplier development effectiveness
- Monitor and advance supplier development while on the go
SLC 1.0 SP02
Integrating StreamWork with BI 4.0 will allow customers to mke better decisions by combining social collaboration with BI. The integration will add value to BI documents by augmenting them with social insights. The scope includes:
- Send BI documents to a SAP StreamWork activity to collaborate with colleagues
- Link from SAP StreamWork to BI documents
- Schedule BI documents to send to SAP StreamWork
- Follow and collaborate on BI documents within BI launch pad
- Stay up-to-date with SAP StreamWork feed in BI Workspaces
Available for Ramp-up Customers: March 16, 2012; GA: To be determined, after Ramp-up is complete, typically 3-6 months
Members of a SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse Workspace can collaborate by using the on-demand SAP collaboration solution SAP StreamWork. When Business Analysts have newly created data models (CompositeProvider) they can trigger the information flow via creation of an activity in the BW Workspace Designer. With this they can start detailed discussions and collaborate concerning the connection of data in CompositeProviders (contained Providers, join fields, connection types, names of fields). This helps to avoid mistakes which might lead to misinterpretation of results.
SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse 7.30 (BW7.30) SP07 (and SAP_BASIS 7.30 SP07) with SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse Accelerator 7.20 (BWA7.20) or HANA 1.0 running as a database for SAP NetWeaver BW 7.3 SP05