SAP VISUAL INTELLIGENCE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Version 1.1 – June 2012
The purpose of this Q&A is to provide general information about SAP Visual Intelligence.
1. What is SAP® Visual Intelligence™?
SAP Visual Intelligence is our latest innovation in the SAP BusinessObjects Explorer solution family. It is a desktop-based visualization and data manipulation solution that allows business users to acquire data from a variety of corporate and personal data sources and manipulate without any scripting. They can then analyze this data, with beautiful visualizations, quickly discovering unique insight that can be easily shared, shaping the business faster than ever before.
2. What can you do with SAP Visual Intelligence?
From powerful data discovery to beautiful visual analytics, SAP Visual Intelligence is about bringing life to your data, finding the key information for better decisions.
With SAP Visual Intelligence, you can:
• Consume data the way you process thoughts: fast, interactive, and visual
• Connect, access and visualize data without a single line of code
• Get real-time answers on any volume of data
• View the big picture and drill down to details
• Share your findings instantly with others SAP Visual Intelligence – Frequently Asked Questions ©SAP AG 2012 Page 2
3. Is SAP Visual Intelligence currently available?
SAP Visual Intelligence 1.0 is generally available as of May 15, 2012.
4. Will SAP Visual Intelligence be available globally?
Yes, SAP Visual Intelligence 1.0 will be available globally. English will be the only language supported initially however other languages will be available in future releases.
5. Does SAP Visual Intelligence replace SAP BusinessObjects Explorer?
- No. SAP Visual Intelligence was created to complement and extend the value of SAP BusinessObjects Explorer.
6. How is SAP Visual Intelligence different than SAP BusinessObjects Explorer?
With the web and mobile experiences of Explorer, business users can quickly explore their data and build their own dashboards. SAP Visual Intelligence complements these two experiences while offering Business Analysts the ability to perform more advanced analysis using visualizations and graphs.
7. Is SAP Visual Intelligence equally aimed at large and small or medium enterprises?
This new solution is not targeted at a specific size of organizations. SAP Visual Intelligence can be deployed to thousands of employees in large corporations to just a few people working for a small company.
8. Where can I get more information about SAP Visual Intelligence?
Please visit www.experienceexplorer.com for more information and demos about SAP Visual Intelligence.
9. Can I try SAP Visual Intelligence with my own data?
Yes, you can. We have set up a trial environment where you can upload your data on SAP HANA and see how great SAP Visual Intelligence really is. Please visit www.experienceexplorer.com for more details on how to register and start your trial. SAP Visual Intelligence – Frequently Asked Questions ©SAP AG 2012 Page 3 .
USING SAP VISUAL INTELLIGENCE WITH SAP HANA
10. Do we need SAP HANA if we wish to use SAP Visual Intelligence?
Yes, the first release (1.0) of SAP Visual Intelligence will only be able to connect to SAP HANA data sources. Future releases of SAP Visual Intelligence will able to access and acquire data from different data sources.
11. What version of SAP HANA is compatible with SAP Visual Intelligence
You will need SAP HANA 1.0 SP3 Rev 26.
12. What are the capabilities of SAP Visual Intelligence 1.0 on SAP HANA?
SAP Visual Intelligence 1.0 on SAP HANA provides the following capabilities:
• Direct connectivity to huge volumes of HANA data online
• Consume HANA analytic and calculated views
• Enrich HANA analytic view with geographical information (maps)
• Consume time hierarchies created in SAP HANA
13. How does it compare with SAP BusinessObjects Explorer when used with SAP HANA
SAP Visual Intelligence is a desktop application. It is quick to download (approximately 150 MB) and install. Once installed, you can connect directly to your SAP HANA sources and start your data discovery and analysis. There is no configuration required or Information Spaces to create. Within a few minutes, you can go from downloading the application to creating beautiful visualizations.
LICENSING AND NAMING
14. How much does SAP Visual Intelligence cost?
SAP does not disclose actual cost. Customers are encouraged to contact their local SAP sales representative to discuss pricing for their organization’s specific needs. SAP Visual Intelligence – Frequently Asked Questions ©SAP AG 2012 Page 4
15. I have heard about Project Hilo in the past. Are Project Hilo and SAP Visual Intelligence the same solution
Yes, they are. Hilo was an internal project name and will not be promoted further. The solution name is SAP Visual Intelligence.
16. Is SAP Visual Intelligence a business intelligence product?
Despite not carrying the portfolio brand BusinessObjects, SAP Visual Intelligence is part of the SAP BusinessObjects portfolio and extends the value of SAP BusinessObjects Explorer. With the web and mobile experiences of Explorer, business users can quickly explore their data and build their own dashboards. SAP Visual Intelligence complements these two experiences while offering Business Analysts the ability to perform more advanced data transformation and analysis.
17. Should our customers use the name SAP Visual Intelligence if they contact Customer Support or speak with other SAP representatives?
- Yes. SAP staff is being trained on the SAP Visual Intelligence solution so that they can be better prepared to work with our customers.