SAP CodeJam is a 5 to 6 hours hands-on coding and networking event where attendees share their knowledge and collaboratively develop with SAP technologies, platforms and tools in a fun and casual environment. The events are developer community focused, supported by SAP and explore technologies available through the Developer Center (http://developer.sap.com) such as SAP HANA, Mobile and Cloud.
Everyone can host an SAP CodeJam! To run an event in your city, please follow these guidelines:
6 to 8 weeks before the event:
1. Submit an event email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, please include why you are interested in hosting the event, the name and email of the main contact person for the event, country in which the event will take place, estimated number of attendees, platforms to be used, and any other information you consider useful or necessary. Please also include an estimated budget based on the following criteria:
a. The event is low key. Food and beverages should be provided to attendees. Internet access should be secured in order to guarantee a connection for everyone during the event. No giveaways or gifts should be given out or included in the budget.
b. Funding can be provided by SAP based on the number of attendees and location.
You’ll be contacted within 1-2 days of submitting your request by an SAP CodeJam team member who will guide you through the rest of the process.
5 weeks before the event:
2. Select the city, date, time (duration of event: 5 – 6 hours).
3. Select a topic to focus on event (e.g. SUP, Gateway, SAP HANA, Cloud, etc.).
4. Select a location (e.g. SAP office, partner office, pub, other location) and get final quotes for food and Internet access.
5. Send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
a. Copies of quotes to process the funding request
b. Information about the city, date, time and address of the location for the creation of the event logo for your city and the registration page for the event
c. Information about any technical/equipment requirements that will need to be included in the registration page
You will receive the URL for the registration page within 1 to 2 days after submitting your email request. Global marketing will help you promote the event on a global level through SCN/Events space, SAP newsletters, etc. You’ll be responsible for promoting the event at a local level.
6. Secure access to the systems.
7. Find a local trainer on the specific topic of the event and secure his/her availability.
3 to 4 weeks before the event:
8. Send out invitations including the link to the registration page.
9. Promote the event through your networks and social media channels (Google+, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, blogs, etc.) – Don’t forget to include the registration link.
10. Create the agenda for the event (short intro, platform overview, app request, dine while coding, upload and deploy) and start putting together the materials that you’ll need to introduce the topic (e.g. decks, videos, demos, etc.).
1 week before the event:
11. Send out an email to the people registered for the event with the list of links to materials that will help them get prepared (e.g. tutorials, videos, requests for trial licenses, etc.).
12. Two days before the event, send an event reminder notification to all attendees.
During the event:
13. Make sure everyone is having fun and there is enough food.
14. Tweet and take pictures during the event.
A week after the event:
15. Post a blog about the experience on SCN (include pictures if possible) and share the link to the blog on the Facebook SAP CodeJam page (www.facebook.com/sapcodejam).
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.