SAP Integration Scenario
SAP has introduced a certification program for the Backint for SAP HANA interface (HANA-BRINT 1.1). This program certifies 3rd party backup tools for use with SAP HANA.
Note: Certification is a mandatory prerequisite for installing a 3rd party backup tool that uses Backint for SAP HANA on an SAP HANA appliance. For more information, see SAP Note 1730932 (Using backup tools with Backint).
When a 3rd party backup tool has been installed and configured for SAP HANA, backups are transferred via pipe from the SAP HANA database to the 3rd party backup agent. The backup agent runs on the SAP HANA database server and communicates with the remote 3rd party backup server.
The following functions are supported by the Backint for SAP HANA interface: backup, recovery, inquiry, delete.
3rd party backup tools are fully integrated with SAP HANA:
- Execution of backups and recoveries from SAP HANA studio and via SAP HANA SQL commands
- Configuration of tool-specific parameters via SAP HANA studio
The SAP Integration and Certification Center (SAP ICC) highly recommend that ISVs and partners, who are interested in certifying an integration of their product with SAP solutions, begin with our page Getting Started with Integration and Certification that explains the SAP ICC services and describes the process how to obtain them. This page helps you select the correct integration scenario and contains technical information, streaming media.
Backint for SAP HANA interface documentation:
The Backint for SAP HANA interface specification and additional implementation information (e.g. regarding installation) are made available as part of the certification process.
End user documentation for using 3rd party backup tools with SAP HANA:
- http://help.sap.com/hana_appliance > Administration Guide > Backup/Recovery
- Tool-specific information is made available by the tool vendors
General SAP HANA information:
|Certification Scenario Version||Supported SAP HANA Versions||Backint for SAP HANA Interface Version|
> SPS 05, revision 46
ISVs can get their HANA-BRINT Integrations certified for 10000 Euro.
Benefits of Certification
Important advantages of the certification include:
- Use of Backint SDK for SAP HANA. This is a toolkit for implementing Backint for SAP HANA, which contains the API specification, a test suite for Backint for SAP HANA and additional implementation information. The SDK is only made available as part of the certification process.
- Certification tests on SAP HANA-certified appliances from different hardware vendors, both for single-node and scale-out SAP HANA configurations
Customers using SAP-certified solutions in their SAP environment, as well as the ISVs and partners offering these, experience great benefits such as shorter implementation times, technical enablement, and marketing assets that certification provides. Please visit the 'Certification Benefits overview page' for more information.
- After successful certification testing the ISV solution can be advertised with the following logo:
SAP Training and Help:
Please refer to SAP Education.
ICC Webinar You are invited to join our introductory webinars - hosted by the SAP Integration and Certification Center in regular intervals. For a schedule and recordings got to the page "SAP Integration and Certification Webinar Series Overview".
Apply for ICC Services right away - please fill in the SAP ICC online application form.
Official listing of certified product’s: (Certification Category: "SAP Certified - Integration with SAP HANA", SAP-Defined Integration Scenarios: "HANA-BRINT 1.1")”