Red Hat - an SAP Global Technology Partner
Welcome to the "SAP on Red Hat" landing page where you can find information on confidently running SAP using Red Hat technologies including Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV), Cloud, and JBoss Middleware.
- Red Hat Deepens Collaboration with SAP on SAP® Data Management Portfolio, Launches Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA®
- Raleigh - June 2, 2014 - Red Hat Enterprise Linux now available across the entire SAP® Data Management Portfolio
- As the foundation of the enhanced partnership, Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available and qualified for production use of SAP HANA and supported by partners’ SAP-certified hardware solutions.
- FULL STORY
- Datasheet: Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA
- Whitepaper: CITO Research: Why you should put a Red Hat under your SAP systems
- Want more details? Please refer to FAQ - RHEL for SAP HANA
- Red Hat Teams with SAP to Bring Data Management Offerings to OpenShift
SAN FRANCISCO – RED HAT SUMMIT 2014, April 16, 2014 - Industry leaders cooperate to bring SAP® database technologies to developers with new cartridges for Red Hat’s award-winning Platform-as-a-Service portfolio. FULL STORY
What's In the Press
- Guinness World Records: The largest data warehouse contains 12.1 petabytes (12,100 terabytes) of raw data, achieved by a collaboration between SAP (Germany), BMMsoft, HP, Intel, NetApp and Red Hat (all USA) at the HP Lab, Santa Clara, California, USA, on 17 February 2014.
- SAP Sybase IQ Software Smashes Previous Results and Sets World Record for Fastest Loading of Big Data
June 25, 2013 by SAP News WALLDORF - SAP today announced that version 16 of SAP Sybase IQ software has achieved a Guinness World Record for loading and indexing big data. In cooperation with BMMsoft, HP and Red Hat, SAP Sybase IQ 16 achieved an audited result of 34.3 terabytes per hour*, far surpassing the previous record of 14 terabytes per hour achieved by the same team using a previous version of SAP Sybase IQ.
- Red Hat Expands Technical Account Management Services to Offer SAP® Solution-centric Support
Raleigh, N.C. and ORLANDO, Fla. - SAP SAPPHIRE NOW - May 14, 2013 - Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world’s leading provider of open source solutions, today announced it has expanded its Technical Account Management Services portfolio to include specific support for SAP® solutions. Now, Red Hat customers who also use SAP products can benefit from Red Hat Technical Account Managers (TAMs) specializing in SAP solutions, allowing customers to benefit from the TAMs' in-depth knowledge and expertise and proactive guidance.
- Keynote@Summit: Irfan Khan, senior vice president and chief technology officer of the Database and Technology Group at Sybase (an SAP company), gives a keynote at the 2012 Red Hat Summit and JBoss World.
Customer Success Stories
Purdue University gives high grade to HP Converged Infrastructure (2012 - SAP, RHEL, VMware, HP Technical Services case study)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Business Applications
RHN KnowledgeBase Article: What is "Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Business Applications" Subscription?
Datasheet: SAP and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA
RHN KnowledgeBase Article: What is "Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA" Subscription?
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV)
High Availability Solution for SAP
RHEL 6.5 HA add-on (with pacemaker) has passed the SAP HA Interface certification in December 2013, see High Availability Partner Info
Performance - SD Benchmark
JBoss Enterprise Middleware (SCN Page)
The long-standing collaboration between Red Hat and SAP is thriving. Engineers from both companies are working together with a focus on developing new tools to further the integration of SAP Business Suite with enterprise Java applications running on JBoss Enterprise Middleware. The aim of such integration, of course, is a more intelligent, integrated enterprise — one that can maximize the value of your data assets and accelerate business decisions. Learn More
Technical Resource Library
Should you have any question on Red Hat products or solutions for SAP, please email email@example.com