UPDATE 10/05/2015: With the 1.28 release of Lumira, we have discontinued future updates to Lumira Server for HANA and Lumira Cloud. Any content created in Lumira Desktop 1.29 and above, will not be supported with Lumira Server for HANA or Lumira Cloud. Please refer to the blog post Hello SAP Lumira Server for BI Platform. Goodbye SAP Lumira Server for HANA and SAP Lumira Cloud for more information.
Availability and Editions
- Is SAP Lumira Cloud generally available?
- Does SAP offer different editions of SAP Lumira Cloud?
- What are the differences between "enterprise edition" and "free edition"?
- How do I sign up for a SAP Lumira Cloud account?
- I am/was a SAP Lumira Cloud beta user, what will happen to my account once it’s officially released?
- I am an SAP BusinessObjects BI OnDemand customer and I am interested in moving to SAP Lumira Cloud, what do I do?
- I am an SAP BusinessObjects BI OnDemand customer. How does this new cloud BI solution affect me?
- Where do I go to try SAP Lumira Cloud?
- How do I share documents in SAP Lumira Cloud?
- How do I connect to SAP Lumira Cloud within SAP Lumira?
- How many documents can I upload?
- Can I do more than just share SAP Lumira files?
- Which version of SAP Lumira does SAP Lumira Cloud support?
- What data sources can I connect to from SAP Lumira Cloud?
- Does SAP Lumira Cloud have a mobile version?
- Where can I find more information about SAP Lumira Cloud?
- Other resources and sites
- Stay in touch
What is SAP Lumira™ Cloud?
SAP Lumira Cloud is a cloud-based, business intelligence product that empowers users of any skill level to analyze and visualize their business data to make better business decisions.
Is SAP Lumira Cloud equally aimed at large and small or medium enterprises?
SAP Lumira Cloud is primarily aimed at small or medium organizations and departments within large organizations.
What can I do with SAP Lumira Cloud?
SAP Lumira Cloud users can:
- Upload, download, and share SAP Lumira documents, making it easy to collaborate with teammates and colleagues
- Publish datasets from SAP Lumira to SAP Lumira Cloud.
- Create, explore, and share datasets and analytics via web browsers or mobile devices.
- Upload and share other types of documents (such as Crystal Reports documents, Design Studio files, Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, CSV files, and PowerPoint presentations) with your teammates.
What is the business value of SAP Lumira Cloud?
- Deliver faster time to insight in the cloud
- Visualize data quickly with an intuitive drag-and-drop interface
- Reduce time to access and upload multiple data sources
- Maximize business knowledge with a combination of big picture insights and granular details
- Increase self-service data usage with access on any device
- Be up and running quickly without software or hardware
How is SAP Lumira Cloud licensed?
SAP Lumira Cloud is licensed as a subscription service with monthly charges in 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 year terms.
Availability and Editions
Is SAP Lumira Cloud generally available?
Yes. SAP Lumira Cloud was released to customers on May 1, 2013 and made generally available in June 2013.
Does SAP offer different editions of SAP Lumira Cloud?
Yes. There are two editions:
- Free edition – Includes 1 user and 1GB of free storage.
- Enterprise edition – Includes 5 or more users and 5 or more GB of storage. The price is 22 Euros ($24 USD) per user per month. The price for additional storage (above the first 5GB) is 22 Euros ($24 USD) per GB per month.
What are the differences between "enterprise edition" and "free edition"?
An enterprise edition account allows organizations to have multiple GBs of shared storage and the ability to manage user access and permissions. The free edition only offers 1 GB of storage.
How do I sign up for a SAP Lumira Cloud account?
Whether you are new to the solution or have already registered with SAP Lumira Cloud, our sales team would love to work with you. Please call +1 877 727 1127 ext. 110011 to contact a representative that can help you.
I am/was a SAP Lumira Cloud beta user, what will happen to my account once it’s officially released?
If you have a regular account, you need to register with SAP Lumira Cloud again. Unfortunately, we cannot transfer your content from Beta, so you will have to upload your content again.
Please contact your account representative or call us at +1 877 727 1127 ext. 110011 to discuss the best timing and strategy for migrating from SAP BusinessObjects BI OnDemand to SAP Lumira Cloud.
I am an SAP BusinessObjects BI OnDemand customer. How does this new cloud BI solution affect me?
It does not affect you. We will continue to run the SAP BusinessObjects BI OnDemand service in parallel.
Where do I go to try SAP Lumira Cloud?
Sign up for an account at cloud.saplumira.com.
How do I share documents in SAP Lumira Cloud?
Sharing a document is easy. In SAP Lumira Cloud, simply click on the cog in the list view and choose the "Share" option. You can then share the document with anyone by entering their email address. You can also use the same dialog to change their access at any time in the future.
How do I connect to SAP Lumira Cloud within SAP Lumira?
You will see a "SAP Lumira Cloud" tab in the Welcome page where you can logon to SAP Lumira Cloud or register a new account. Once you log on successfully, you should be able to see a list of documents that you have access to in SAP Lumira Cloud.
How many documents can I upload?
You can upload as many documents as you want until you reach your storage limit. If you exceed the storage limit, you need to delete some documents to go back below the limit before you upload new documents.
Can I do more than just share SAP Lumira files?
Absolutely. You can also use SAP Lumira Cloud to create datasets from Microsoft Excel (.xlsx) documents, explore the data in your dataset, and create visualizations. To start visualizing your data, just choose the open option on one of your datasets.
Which version of SAP Lumira does SAP Lumira Cloud support?
SAP Lumira Cloud currently supports SAP Lumira 1.0 SP11 (version 1.0.11) and higher.
What data sources can I connect to from SAP Lumira Cloud?
By integrating with SAP Lumira desktop, you can connect to SAP HANA, relational databases, SAP BusinessObjects universes and Microsoft Excel files.
Does SAP Lumira Cloud have a mobile version?
SAP Lumira Cloud can be accessed from any mobile device supporting HTML 5. You can also connect to SAP Lumira Cloud with the SAP BusinessObjects Mobile app, which you can download from the Apple App Store.
Where can I find more information about SAP Lumira Cloud?
Other resources and sites