SAP River is a new development language and environment for developing a complete SAP HANA backend application, describing the data model, the business logic and access control within a single and integrated program specification.
What is SAP River?
SAP River is centered around the SAP River language, a new and expressive development language for developing entire backend applications natively on SAP HANA. The SAP River language allows a developer to design and specify all the semantic elements of a data-centric business application, including its data model, data constraints, the business logic and role based access control, within a single, coherent and integrated program specification.
SAP River is familiar, declarative, expressive, object-oriented and modular, supporting the development of complex applications consisting of hundreds of objects and actions. SAP River is fully compatible with existing SAP HANA objects, like tables, views, database procedures and XSJS procedures.
Want to Learn More?
- Read the entire SAP River Datasheet.
- Watch an Overview Presentation about SAP River (video)
- Take a look at the SAP River Documentation on the SAP Help Portal
- SAP River Developer Guide (how to set up your SAP HANA studio and create Hello World)
- SAP River Language Reference (how to write SAP River code, including how to expose via OData)
Keep Up To Date
Stay tuned to further developments by following this page (menu in upper right of the page).