The SAP Partner certified hardware for SAP HANA listing is now available via the SAP HANA Hardware Directory at the following location:
The SAP HANA Hardware Directory contains all Appliances and Enterprise Storage solutions which have been certified. The list of certified Appliances includes hardware based on Haswell and Ivy Bridge technologies, as well as previously validated hardware based on the Nehalem and Westmere technologies (details). The directory also contains a list of Entry Level Systems which supports SAP HANA but is not certified by SAP.
The certification is valid for the period stipulated in the Integration Certification Agreement. The exact validity date of the certification is indicated in the certification letter that is issued upon successful completion of testing.
The certification confirms the existence of product features in accordance with SAP certification procedures. SAP only certifies successful integration of the product with SAP solutions. Vendor is responsible for the product itself and its error-free operation.
The certification is valid for a particular group of appliances from the hardware manufacturer wherein multiple models might be included. During the preparation phase of the certification Partner and SAP can jointly agree on the group of appliances. The group of appliances can be defined as a set of appliance models that share and fulfill all of the following criteria:
- They are based on the same architecture
- Within one group of certified appliances different CPU models within the same microarchitecture can be used as released by SAP HANA reference architecture:
- Nehalem EX architecture: Intel X7560
- Westmere EX architecture: Intel E7-#870 (# is for 2,4, or 8)
- Ivy Bridge EX architecture: Intel E7-#880v2, E7-#890v2 (# is for 2,4, or 8)
- Haswell EX architecture: Intel E7-8880v3, E7-8890v3, or E7-8880Lv3
- Empty CPU slots may be filled up to the maximum number supported by the appliance
- Memory chips have to be homogeneous, spread across all CPUs symmetrically providing maximum bandwidth
- They have the same disk layout
- They use the same storage connector(s) and/or RAID controller as described in the documentation
- Comparable components are used as with the tested setup
- All the KPIs are met by the lowest member of the group of appliances
- Consistent documentation for the group of appliances which is applicable for all SAP HANA setup scenarios: single node, scale up and scale out
- Single node includes hardware approved for all single server configuration scenarios for SAP BW powered by SAP HANA, SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA and more
- Scale out includes multi-server configuration scenario for SAP BW powered by SAP HANA
- SoH includes additional single server configurations specific for SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA not covered by single node
Appliance Certification Scenarios
There are several scenarios available for HANA Hardware Appliance certification. Please see details below for the test procedure which comes with each scenario version applicable to the HANA Hardware Certification Check Tool (HWCCT). Certifications that were released under scenario 1.0 remain valid until their expiration date and to be used with all SAP HANA revisions.
- Scenario Version 1.0
- Appliance for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES): HANA-HWC-AP SU 1.0
- Appliance for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL): HANA-HWC-AP RH 1.0
- For certification tests, HWCCT based on HANA SPS8 or SPS9 and related revisions is used.
- Scenario Version 1.1
- Appliance for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES): HANA-HWC-AP SU 1.1
- Appliance for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL): HANA-HWC-AP RH 1.1
- For certification tests, HWCCT based on HANA SPS10 and related revisions is used.
- Legacy appliances released prior to 2014
- HWCCT cannot be used for validating storage performance, see SAP Note 2187426.
- HWCCT can only be used to validate operating system configuration settings and network performance.
Entry Level Systems
These systems are supported solutions approved for use with SAP HANA scenarios. SAP HANA hardware certifications do not apply. Entry Level systems have the following criteria:
- Intel Xeon E5 v2/v3 based systems
- 2-socket systems
- CPU with a minimum of 8 cores
- Memory chips have to be homogeneous, spread across all CPUs symmetrically providing maximum bandwidth.
- Single node solutions
- Valid for specific Support Package Stack (SPS) releases
Details in the directory have been provided by Partners and are accurate on the certification date. Information in the listings are provided by SAP SE for informational purposes only, without representation or warranty of any kind, and SAP SE shall not be liable for errors or omissions with respect to the information listed. SAP SE reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without any obligation, to make improvements to, or correct any error or omissions in any portion of the directory.