For Services Offered by Consulting Companies Who Help ISV's to Build Integrations that Meet SAP Integration Certification Criteria
The SAP Integration and Certification Center (SAP ICC) has launched a new service, specifically tailored to system integrators who provide consulting services to software solution providers that integrate their software with SAP solutions and intend to certify this software integration with SAP ("SAP integration certification").
ISVs can greatly benefit from technical enablement services offered by consulting companies which can help shorten the time to market for an out-of-the-box integration. It is important that the consulting company not only has advanced experience in SAP technologies, but also that its consultants are familiar with the latest SAP integration certification criteria. To ensure consulting companies establish adequate know-how to render such services, SAP ICC has launched a training offering which culminates in a certification for the consulting services - "List of Technical Enablement Services Providers that are“SAP Certified in Software Integration Services”". The training and certification is available for several SAP integration certification areas.
- Searchable Online Listing in the SAP Partner Information Center
- SDN List of all companies with "List of Technical Enablement Services Providers that are“SAP Certified in Software Integration Services”"
- All the relevant SAP Integration and Certification Center (SAP ICC)–Integration Scenario - Interface Reference Table on SDN will contain a link to the companies offering a certified enablement service.
- SAP will refer ISVs asking for in-depth services to the above mentioned online list of consulting companies with such certified services.
- Additionally, the links will be included in all standard info mails of SAP ICC.
- Use of the qualification line "SAP Certified in Software Integration Services" to promote your enablement services.
The training and certification that lead to "SAP Certified in Software Integration Services" aim to enhance the scope of the technical enablement services provided by consulting companies. System integrators offering certified integration services will be in a position to offer dedicated enablement services that take into consideration SAP integration certification criteria from the early stages of a project. Through regular update sessions conducted by SAP ICC consultants, system integrators will acquire up-to-date knowledge of the various certification areas. This certification service is available for a yearly subscription fee.
The services provided by SAP include:
- Educating consultants of a system integrator on frequently used SAP-certifiable software integration scenarios, including certification processes and criteria, technical requirements and resources. The trainings will be delivered online via webinars and electronic documents.
- Evaluating both the technical and non-technical competency of the system integrator's consultants in different SAP integration certification offerings through online exams and reviews.
Project Plan/Getting Started
- Directly request a service offer by contacting SAP ICC. In the service offer, you will choose the integration certification areas that your company wants to support and list the consultants that should be trained and certified by SAP ICC. You can choose up to four of the certification areas below and assign up to five consultants in each area:
- Java Deployment
- ABAP Deployment
- XI Content Development
- Composite Applications based on SAP xMII
- Composite Applications based on SAP Composition Tools
- SOA based Development
- Receive training and education material regarding overall certification requirements and processes as well as technical documentation for selected certification areas. Webinars / online meetings with SAP ICC experts can be scheduled. Generally, no travel is required.
- After training sessions have been completed, start the certification testing. This certification consists of two parts:
- Technical part: For each selected certification area, system integrator will need to provide a sample application or prototype that can pass the test criteria of the respective certification area, i.e. pretending to go through an official integration certification test from a software solution provider's perspective.
- Theoretical part: There will be a time-limited online exam covering all the general topics regarding the SAP integration certification process (application form, contracting, recommended technical process steps, marketing, benefits available to ISVs upon successful integration certification, etc.)
- After successfully obtaining "SAP Certified in Software Integration Services" status, you receive a certificate and many other benefits mentioned above.
- To ensure up-to-date knowledge, you will receive newsletters with updates and yearly review sessions. Once a year your consultants must renew their theoretical online exams. For significant technical changes in the certification areas, a re-certification (which is included in the annual subscription fee) is necessary.
First year: 10.000 Euro (Euro currency applicable to all countries).
Following years: 5.000 Euro p.a. (Euro currency applicable to all countries).
To understand all services and benefits included in this fee, please refer to the Getting Started Page.