A new partner certification program for the SAP Application Server Interface for high availability solutions - the HA-Interface Certification - is in place as of October 2011.
SAP has introduced a partner certification program to certify the HA-interface (cluster API) of the SAP Start Service (sapstartsrv).
The important advantages of this certification will be:
- Certify start/stop infrastructure within HA Setups
- Establish a single SAP HA setup scenario
- Unify HA setups for SAP NetWeaver 7.x based on 7.20 DCK availability (ABAP, Java)
- Clarify OS dependencies and 3rd party failover software
- Clarify available DB-specific HA solutions of third party vendors
- Clarify responsibilities of SAP and its partners, especially for support
These minimum criteria aim to ensure compliant implementation of customer HA setups of SAP systems. Partners certainly can extend and further optimize their solutions.
The certification process started in October 2011 with the first pilot. All other potential partner certifications followed commencing April 2012. After a fair-play period of additional 6 months, all so far certified HA-Solutions were published on SDN in October 2012. The list of partners that successfully passed the HA-Interface Certification can be found here.
You can find more details about the HA-Interface Certification itself here.
If you have any questions, please contact: Carol.Gustav@sap.com.
Further Information About Partner Solutions
The following list of HA-Partners is a selection of available solutions and is not intended to be complete. This list will be revised on a regular basis. If you want to update or extend the information, please contact Bernhard.Steigleider@sap.com.
More details of certified Partner solutions can be found here.
Power System on AIX:
You can check the official partner status in the SAP Partner Directory.