I am Sarav, Master student doing International Food Business and Consumer Studies from University of Kassel, Germany. In addition I finished my certification in C_TERP10_65: "SAP Certified Associate Business Foundation & Integration with SAP ERP 6.0 EHP5".
Currently I am looking for a master thesis topic in areas like SCM, SRM, SCM APO since my area of specialisation is supply chain management. I read quite number of research articles but I am struggling to find a starting point for my thesis .
I am looking forward for your valuable comments and ideas from your experiences to find a starting point for my thesis.
Hi! A few areas that might spark a few ideas on SCM, SRM, SCM APO...
1) Sustainability - How alternative energies and cost reductions impact the supply chain, suppliers, and planning
2) Mobility - Advancements which are changing the way we do business by using Smart Phones, iPads, etc.
3) Business Analytics - How can enterprises create real-time information insights with all aspects of their supply chain?
There are only 3 ways to impact business...
1) Increase revenues
2) Improve operational efficiencies
3) Cut costs
Given these areas... hopefully, you'll find an angle that interests you!
Dear Mr. Blumberg,
Good morning. Thanks for your valuable points for my master thesis. The three topics are really more suitable for the present day situation. I am more interested towards the 3rd topic i.e, How an enterprises can create real-time information insights with all aspects of their supply chain. I like to work on this topic. Before starting my literature review I like to know your ideas or your views about this topic. Could you please share your ideas or views about this topic with me.
I am eagerly looking forward for your reply.
Hi! Here's a few thoughts...
1) Take a good look at the SAP SCM site area on SAP.com - http://www.sap.com/solutions/business-suite/scm/index.epx (look at the customer cases - http://www.sap.com/solutions/business-suite/scm/customers/index.epx)
2) Look at HANA - http://www.sap.com/hana/index.epx (think about the amount of data / speed)
3) Look at the SCN Business Analytics Community - http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc
Note: You should think about Mobility Business Analytics - http://www.sap.com/solutions/sapbusinessobjects/large/business-intelligence/mobile/sap-businessobjects-mobile/index.epx
If I was doing my thesis I would ask... where will the most value...most jobs be both now....and in 3 - 5 years? I would pick at least 1 company to study so that the thesis would apply to a real company or industry...not just something that's in a lab or classroom... make it apply to the real world.
Find a problem that's worth fixing. Find something that helps the product or solution...yes...ultimately helps the customer.
Be focused. Don't try to address to many things. Your starting with a very big topics. Find a compelling issue with your key supporting points.
Write on something your passionate about. There are many, many approaches...I trust you'll find a good one!
Dear Mr. Blumberg,
Good morning. I am very much thanking you for your valuable comments. You are correct that I started with very broad areas like SCM & APO. As you said First I need to find out a problem in order to narrow down my research. The links what you send to me are so useful and it contains lots of information. First I need to go them thoroughly and I need to form a overall idea.
I am once again thanking you for spending your valuable time for me. I like to have your valuable comments until the end my thesis. I will come again to you after narrowing my research.