In the section describing the BEx Web Integration in the admin guide of BO XI 4, we have to do the following:
1- Starting a Server for BEx Web Applications, for this step i craeted a stanalone server by cloning the Adaptative processing server and choose the BEX web application.
2- Checking Connection to BW System, i created a co=nnection to the BW system in the OLAP connection .
3- Configuring a connection between BEx web application designer and BI platform in tghis step i have to use the RFC which should be created in te following 2 steps.
4- Configuring Server Settings fro configuring the web appklication service
In this step we have to fill information about JCO Server (JCo Server RFC Destination, JCo Server Gateway Host, JCo Server Gateway Service):
- is there a special bame to put for JCo Server RFC Destination or it should be just the ID Program that i fill in the RFC created on the BW system?
- for JCo Server Gateway Service , is it just the sapgw00 which is the gateway on the BW side or it shoudl have other value?
5- Creating an RFC destination in the ABAP System for the craetion of the RFC on the BW side ,
- it is written to choose "Send SAP Logon Ticket" when i do so i got the following in the bottom of the page:"Delete the flag for the "Send SAP Logon Ticket" checkbox" is there some steps to be done before to let it work?
- In the gateway option which gateway i have to put there?
Please check the below Integration of SAP BI 7.0 and SAP EP 7.0 pdf will be useful one.
Thanks for the link,
In the part describing the RFC to be created on BW side for the fateway option it is written:
Gateway Options: Enter the Gateway host and the Gateway service that the J2EE engine uses to communicate with the BI system. The gateway host, which is an application server for the BI system, and the gateway service can be generated generically from sapgw<SYSTEM_NUMBER>. You can determine the parameters of the gateway in transaction Gateway Monitor (transaction code SMGW) by choosing Goto -> Parameter -> Display.
- in my case i have to connect the BW to the BOXI 4 so for the what information should in put in the gateway host and gateway service and also for the Program ID ?
I found a very detailed Blog about the
Re: How to configure BEx Web Integration? http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/ConfigurationstepstointegrateBExWebapplicationsintoBI+4.x
I did all the needed configuration but when i try to the BEX web application in the BI and enter the credentials of the BW user i got the following error which doesnt give lots of information about the reason:
BEx Web Application
BEx Web Application Session Management
Exception occured while processing the current request; this exception cannot be handled by the application or framework
Failed to process request; contact your system administrator
To facilitate analysis of the problem, keep a copy of this error page
We are sorry for the inconvenience
Copyright © SAP AG. All Rights Reserved.
please go throgh this link for the steps for integration
pls assign points if this was useful