We imported DC from NWDI server into NWDS and we are trying to edit the code, it is not prompting to create any CHECKOUT activity. We completed our task and successfully deployed through NWDS into Development Portal and Quality Portal. But we have to give EAR file for the above application to the BASIS Team eveytime to deploy into Production Portal.
What are the best ways to move modified application into NEW TRACK or EXISTING TRACK ?
<< moved by moderator - check out the list of other forums on top of portal forum >>
Edited by: Anja Engelhardt on Feb 7, 2012 10:36 AM
NWDI can be used to move your applications across the landscape. Find below helpful links detailing this.
Best Practices for NWDI: Track design for ongoing development
How to create tracks for various purposes in NWDI
SAP Help Links:
NWDI Troubleshooting guides:
To create an activity you can follow this step:
In NWDS go to DTR Perspective
1. Create a client where you have the DC
2. In Repository Browser, select the workspace (Trackname_dev_inactive)
3. From the context menu create an activity
4. After creating the activity go to the DC which you want to edit and expand the DC to see the _comp
5. From the context menu select edit files in the folder.
And change to Web Dynpro Perspective to edit the source code.
And If you want to move the DC from one track to another:
1. If it's a Custom SC you can download the SC using http://<hostname>:<portno>/SCD/SCDownload
2. This downloaded SCA should be added to CMS inbox, and go ahead moving this SCA across the runtime systems.
If it's a Standard SAP delivered SC you need to do the changes manually in the new track.
Hope this helps.