I am trying to export my DB since I will move it to another system. I have done that before (2008) but not with Migration Monitor since I could not get it to work. At that time I could choose R3load-based method and everything went fine.
This time I don't have that option so I must try to fix my problem.
I have HP-UX 11.23 running on IA64.
If I try to run ./export_monitor.sh (or ./sapinst and skip the table splitting function) I get this result:
+ /opt/java1.4/bin/java -showversion -Xmx1024m -cp ./.:./migmon.jar:./activation.jar:./mail.jar com.sap.inst.lib.app. SecureStartup -Xmx1024m com.sap.inst.migmon.exp. ExportMonitor -dbType ORA java version "184.108.40.206" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 220.127.116.11-071106-02:40) Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.4.2 18.104.22.168-071106-08:12-IA64N IA64, mixed mode) Another instance of application is already running. Lock file 'ExportMonitor.lck' is locked by other process.
If I use the sapinst and set it to split the files I get "Lock file 'PackageSplitter.lck' is locked by other process.".
But the file is NOT used by another process!
I use root and yes the users SIDadm and oraSID are in the group sapinst and yes I have set the permissions to 777 and yes the umask is 022 and yes I have downloaded the latest migmon and decompressed it to these locations (I picked all three just in case):
If you smart people know how to fix this I would be very happy and also impressed. I have no idea what to do and my message to SAP is still not answered...
Best regards Linus Hellsing
Edited by: Linus Hellsing on Jul 29, 2010 11:04 AM
Hi Peter, thank you for answering.
No, I have not done a fuser on the file. But I have tried to edit it and that works just fine.
I also have restarted the server, just in case.
But now when I am writing this something nice has happened.
On the server I am testing I have HP-UX 11.23 but my production servers have 11.31 so I tried to start the export on that server (scary). It seems to work!! Sadly I must export all of my systems but this makes me believe theat it is the OS that is old or don't have enough patches.
swlist on my old server tells me that I am missing a couple of patches compared to SAP Note 837670. I think I have to call the HP-UX department at my office... Um wait, that would be me since it is vacation season....
Please make sure that you've installed all required patches according Note 837670.
Please change the permissions of the sapinst directory and the installation cds directories recursively to 777.
Sometimes it can happen that the base directory is set to 777 but the subdirectories are not.
Please check if there are no java processes running when you restart your migration monitor, we encountered similar errors in our migration (not on HP UX though) and the culprits were java processes.
You can determine from the parent process ids on whether those java processes belong to your installation/export processes.
I have now patched my HP-UX servers and it still did not work. Then I tested to use a directory that was not NFS and this seems to have solved my problem. It could also be a combination of the patches and the move of the install files from the NFS mount, I can't be sure.
Anyway, I am happy since my export is running.
Thank you all for all your assist.