We are implementing SAP BusinessObjects performance monitoring through
RSC. RSC SP3
We have installed SMD Agent on BOE server which forms "Managed Agent".
We have utilising existing WIEM installed in SOlution Manager.
We have installed SMD Agent on client desktop whicn forms "Managing
Agent" since Solution Manager does not have connectivity to internet
even through proxy server.
We have run configuration UI for Managing Agent which completed
The configuration setup of Managed Agent also completed successfully.
But, as informed in the installation guide the "SAP HostAgent" and "SAP
NetWeaver" processes & nodes are not created in WIEM.\ check configuration 6.3.3 in RSC SP3 guide/
We checked connectivity & port settings and we have no issues.
Did you run the RSCSETUP.bat on the managed host (BOE)?
Can you post the contents of the introscopeagent.profile on your managed server located in the path /usr/sap/ccms/wily/IntropscopeAgent.profile?
Did you create the Wily Introscope Enterprise Manager node inside the RSC Configuration UI and enter the hostname, port, and logon information? Post a screenshot of your landscape inside the RSC Configuration UI.
I'll look forward to your reply.
SAP America, Inc.
Thanks for sending the files. I see three problems. Please answer and try the following:
Problem 1) What is the purpose of the machine with hostname CPWIDEX1? Is this a BOE node?
Problem 2) Try updating the ENTERPRISE MANAGER node inside RSC UI to use the short name CPHSMAD1 instead of the FQDN. Update and save the changes to the landscape and run the landscape check again. Do you get the error "Error while accessing Wily Introscope Enterprise Manager" in the RSC event log?
Problem 3) I also see a potential problem with the port number set for CPWBOAD1 inside the RSC UI. What is the instance number of your managed agent on CPWBOAD1? (on the host CPWBOAD1 you can check in the file path /usr/sap/<SID>/SMDA<INSTANCENUMBER> <--- this is your instance number)
The port for the SMDAgent should be 5 + instance number + 04
For example, if my managed SMDAgent instance number is 98 then the port number specified in RSC UI would be 59804
Can you confirm your instance number?
Thanks for the same.
Please find my answers below
1) CPWIDEX1 is the DR for CPWBOAD1. Hence, we have referred the same
here. CPWIDEX1 is not a BOE node.
2) I provided short name CPHSMAD1 instead of FQDN and updated the
landscape. When I ran the "Check Landscape" I hit the same issue.
3) SMD Agent instance in CPWBOAD1 is 66 and hence I have specified the
Let me know if you need any other information.
We need to increase the verbosity of trace level. Hereu2019s the information Iu2019ll need to help you debug the problem.
1) Enable verbose tracing for the managing host (RSC UI host) and the managed host (BOE node) as per note 1630245
2) After restarting the SMD Agent on managed and managing host (per the kba) open the RSC UI and run u2018check landscapeu2019. What is the message returned?
3) Now collect the logs from both the managed and managing system as requested below:
rsc.properties from <install_drive>:\usr\sap\SMDA98\SMDAgent\applications.config\com.sap.smd.agent.application.rsc
kpi.sched.xml from <install_drive>:\usr\sap\SMDA98\SMDAgent\applications.config\com.sap.smd.agent.application.rsc
scheduler.xml from <install_drive>:\usr\sap\SMDA98\SMDAgent\applications.config\com.sap.smd.agent.application.rsc
config.xml from <install_drive>:\usr\sap\SMDA98\SMDAgent\applications.config\com.sap.smd.agent.application.rsc
4) Finally disable the verbose tracing on managed and managing hosts and send me two zip files (managed.zip and managing.zip)
I see where the problem is coming from by analyzing the debugging logs.
When you ran the RSCSetup.bat and you were prompted for the Wily Introscope Enterprise Manager connection details and you put in:
HOSTNAME: CPHSMAD1 PORT: 8081
This is incorrect. That port number is the HTTP port of Wily Introscope, not the WIEM port. You must use the WIEM port which by default is port 6001 (this port will be the same as when you log on to WIEM via the Wily Introscope Investigator client)
Please do the following to correct the problem:
1) On the managed host (CPWBOAD1) run the RSCSETUP.BAT again. Choose deactivate and allow the process to finish.
2) On the managed host, uninstall the SMDAgent (with SID PRD) by running sapinst again and choose "uninstall"
3) On the managed host reinstall the SMDAgent (RSC Diagnostic Agent) again.
4) Confirm the new SMDAgent (PRD) service is running. If it isnt, start it.
5) On the managed host, run the RSCSETUP.bat again and make sure to choose the correct "Wily Introscope Enterprise Manager" port and host name (for example, CPHSMAD1 and 6001)
6) Now on the managing host, run the RSC UI Configuration Wizard again. The SMDAgent should appear now.